Lead Software Staff Engineer
Togo GroupFull time
Lead Software Staff Engineer
- United States
- Full Time
- Togo RV
Who is Togo Group:
Togo Group is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. For consumers, Togo Group brings together products and services that empower travelers to discover, book, and navigate road trips, and to unlock the experience of RV camping. Learn more at https://www.togogroup.io/.
We are looking for a talented Lead Software Staff Engineer!
The Lead Software Staff Engineer provides leadership to Togo RV software teams as both a team lead and a key technical contributor. The Software Staff Engineer works closely with key stakeholders to define and implement key projects to improve the Togo RV mobile and web apps. Additionally, the role guides and facilitates the growth of other team members.
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- Manage a team of software and test engineers, providing guidance to ensure their success and continued professional growth.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Lead project development leveraging lean software practices.
- Contribute to project development as a individual contributor which includes:
- Develop Togo RV web and mobile applications according to detailed UX designs and requirements
- Contribute and/or lead in the development of technical design specifications
- Work closely with product management on refining software specifications
- Write well-designed and testable code
- Write software test plan and contribute to overall automation as applicable
- Partner with Togo Group technology leaders to communicate the technical vision across the organization.
- Help recruit and retain top talent for new positions.
- Diagnose, coordinate, and fix software defects when discovered.
- Champion the Togo Group culture, leading by example and delivering through the lens of our “Rules of the Road”.
What You’ve Done Before:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a full-time development role.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing teams across multiple disciplines, office locations, and time zones preferred.
- Experience working with agile/lean methodologies including scrum and kanban.
- Technical Requirements:
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience or strong working knowledge of JavaScipt, HTML/CSS, React and/or React Native
- Experience developing / deploying MacOS and Android apps – Reactive Native and/or Native
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS
- Experience with Git, build and continuation integration
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, and technical documentation skills
- Experience or working knowledge of .NET/C# preferred
- Experience or working knowledge of MongoDB is a plus
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Why you should join our pack:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: We believe in living our mission and vision, as a member of our team our employees enjoy a lifetime subscription to both Roadtrippers Plus and Togo RV Plus! In addition to our Work-Detoured benefit which encourages and reimburses our team to live our brand by enjoying the outdoors.
The Togo Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.