- Job Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Midlevel
- Department: Content
- Location: Rockville, MD United States or Remote, US
Are you a content creator? Would you love to spend your days writing, shooting and editing videos, teaching and learning about entrepreneurship? Do you love learning about new ideas? If you have at least 2-3 years of experience in content creation, especially in writing, and want to join a small team of creators at a high-growth company – keep reading.
This is a position where you’ll work directly with the Director of Content. You will help shape the future of content at Lurn, and these are some of the types of content you’ll create:
- Notes for courses
- Course videos
…and other types of content to serve our students.
You’ll be creating and designing content that will help our students start and grow their online businesses.
This is a key position to make a substantial impact on the team in 2021 and beyond.
Our company is growing fast, and at the heart of all of that is our content. The better our content, the more results our students get, and the more they buy from us.
If you’re a creator with a strong background in writing and want to join a small (but growing) content team with established systems in place, keep reading…
We’ll start by introducing ourselves. We’re Lurn – The Transformational Home for Entrepreneurs. Our company is pioneering how Entrepreneurs learn and connect with each other (all over the World). Being an Entrepreneur can be a very lonely business – well, not for long.
We’ve built a Publishing platform that has 100+ courses on it and will soon allow for Entrepreneurs to connect, communicate and network with each other. We have partnerships with major Entrepreneur celebrities such as Daymond John (Shark Tank), Robert Kiyosaki, Bob Proctor, James Altucher and many more.
In 2020, our business grew 150%. We more than doubled our team size. Right now, we’re focused on getting the right people in place for the next burst of growth in 2021, which is estimated to be another 100% since we’ve already passed our tipping point.
The Lurn.com platform has 500,000 members and is focused on growing to 10 million. Our email list is over 1.2 Million subscribers and our advertising budget is about to cross $1 million a month, so it’s time to really add momentum by scaling our content creation.
The only reason Lurn is growing the way we are is because of our amazing team. You won’t find a talented, hard-working and family-oriented team culture like ours anywhere in this industry. And now, we’re looking for that “special someone” to join our growing content team.
That’s where you come in.
Here’s What We ARE Looking For…
The following is pretty direct and non-negotiable. Our Content Developer requires experience in the following:
- Content Creation (Writing Preferred)
This is an absolute must in this position. You need to have experience creating content. Although writing is preferred due to the nature of our work, we’ll consider creators from other backgrounds as well.
The core of our business is teaching both upcoming and established entrepreneurs – particularly in digital marketing. You’ll be responsible for creating content with the end goal of teaching someone content.
- Public Speaking
You will be expected to run multiple webinars per month. These are typically Q&A sessions for our students, as well as instructional content on our ‘Advanced Digital Marketing Weekly.’
A significant portion of your job, especially if you don’t have a background in digital marketing and entrepreneurship, will be to research the content you’re creating. We’re an authority on these topics, and our audience expects to get content they can’t get anywhere else.
We don’t expect you to know everything coming into this position, but we do expect you to have a passion for learning. The desire to learn and explain is a core value on our content team, and you’ll be working with people who love to read, work on courses, listen to podcasts, watch documentaries and improve themselves on a DAILY basis.
- Productive At Home
This is a remote position, which means you need to be productive working at home. You need to have access to an environment where you can write, record videos and host webinars without distractions.
Listen, we’re growing incredibly fast. Our content team right now is very small compared to the immense potential we have. Whoever fills this Content Developer position is going to be CENTRAL in our ability to grow and achieve our goals in 2021.
Alright, So, How Do You Become a Superstar In This Position?
You do the following in your first 120 days and we’ll hoist you on our shoulders and parade you around…
- Write and edit entrepreneurship-focused guides
- Run at least one Q&A session and one Advanced Digital Marketing Weekly session per month
- Shoot and edit educational videos
- Strategize with the team to create a better user experience inside of our platform
You do the above and you’re going to have HERO status at Lurn.
In Summary – This Is Who You Need To Be:
- Love to learn.
- Embrace the culture of a fast growing startup.
- Enjoy consuming content in all forms – books, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Experience as a content creator – preferably as a writer.
- Interested in entrepreneurship and digital marketing.
- Strong self-starter problem solver. We don’t micro-manage, so we’ll trust you to get your work finished independently.
- Organized and ambitious.
- Driven by improving quality – You need to be borderline obsessed with making something you create better, month over month.
- Superb communicator.
- Productive working from home.
Now let’s talk about what’s in it for you and what Lurn will do for you…
First of all, we have an amazing award-winning culture. We work like a family and we empower everyone to manage their jobs, tasks and teams in their own way. No micromanagement here. We encourage you to take chances and grow fast.
We are a Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work company and have won the following Comparably Workplace Awards:
- Best Company Culture
- Best Company Leadership
- Best Company for Women
- Best Company for Diversity
We strive to ensure that our employees have the best experience possible (while still remembering that you are at your job). Here are the benefits we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision/LTD all paid for by the company except a small portion of your health insurance, and $250,000 of life insurance for each team member that can be converted to whole life at your discretion
- 401k – We contribute 3% of your TOTAL compensation, that is mandatory per our plan, not a company match!
- 20 days of PTO that starts accruing the day you start!
- 10 Holidays including two floating holidays you can use as you see fit
- Virtual and in person sponsored work events
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your employment
- Silicon Valley style Lurn Center with a gym, nap room, and arcade
- Fully stocked break room (Coffee, sodas, and snacks galore!)
- Company swag for you to show off your new company