Sales and Development Associate
SALA - Small Association Leadership AllianceFull time
Job Title: Sales and Development Associate
- Location: Remote
- Terms: Part-Time/Fractional
Our company was founded, when executives and leadership from various small trade associations identified a need for an association to guide, support, and help small membership organizations succeed. Industry and destination partners validated this need. To achieve this goal, our organization focuses on developing programs that are tailored to the needs of our member organizations’ management, staff, board and volunteers, which they in turn provide as a member benefit program to their own membership.
In 2018 we launched our flagship healthcare program. It is designed to provide a more flexible and lower-cost alternative to traditional group health insurance. The program has proved a tremendous success and we are now looking for a motivated sales and development professional to join our team to help grow the program by marketing the healthcare program directly to prospective member organizations and securing new agreements for them to participate.
The purpose of this role is to expand the number of trade associations, professional societies and chambers of commerce offering the healthcare program. There is a focused list to work from, but overall there are about 18,000 501(c)(6) organizations in our database that are trade associations, professional societies and chambers of commerce that are small in nature with less than 10 employees. The candidate will begin with our short-list of approximately 100 qualified organizations from within this “universe.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
The position is remote and Zoom and other platforms are used to convey the program details. Training will be provided and certifications will be necessary. The primary duties of the position include:
- Main Goal: Grow the total number of member organizations offering the program.
- Proactively sell and promote the program by phone and email solicitation
- Make presentations to prospective member organizations. (The presentations will usually be made to staff and board members).
- Work with existing member organization’s to improve program reach
- Along with other staff, develop key messages, hone strategy, and craft sales and marketing material.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and member relationships.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Track sales and provide regular status reports
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Highly motivated and target driven with proven work experience as a Sales Representative
- Possesses excellent communication skills and has the ability to deliver effective presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Has outstanding relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- A licensed health insurance broker is a plus, but not required. Candidate will need to become certified tin the products we offer
- Experienced with MS Office. Familiarity with CRM and other databases a plus
- Able to work remotely without direct supervision and able to prioritize, manage time, and possesses strong organizational skills