Talent Acquisition Leader
PJ Wallbank Springs Inc.Full time
For close to 40 years, our organization has been a specialist in our products. In fact, we are the only company in the world who specializes in clutch return spring packs. This laser sharp focus, combined with the effort of great people, has enabled us to be the global leader in our market. We currently employ more than 120 employees, with annual revenues of approximately $35M.
Our organization collaborates with our customers all around the world in product development, and then manufactures these products on proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes we design and build internally. While millions of these products are shipped within the United States, more than 50% are exported, the majority of which go to China, and increasingly Europe.
Over the last 3 years, we have experienced significant, triple digit growth. While our company’s growth is exciting and will present some great opportunities and challenges, this is not what makes us special. In fact, many mediocre companies are capable of growing to a larger size. What separates us from others is our desire to have a dramatic impact on the world through people.
It is this focus on people that is the key enabler to our future plans.
The ownership of PJWS has recently formed a new company called Edison Manufacturing and Engineering (Edison). Edison will supply manufacturing (and other related) services in high value add assembly in low volumes (typically under 10,000 units per year). While Edison will operate in a very different manufacturing segment, this entity will uphold the same Vision, Future Model, and Values as PJWS (as detailed in our Vision 2023 (Hyperlink) and Future Model (Hyperlink) documents).
The vision is to create multiple operating companies, like PJWS and Edison, as part of a larger Wallbank umbrella to maximize our impact on the world through a consistent “How”. While the businesses of the various entities may be divergent, what will remain consistent throughout the businesses is that we will achieve our impact through a common Vision, Future Model, and Values.
The Talent Acquisition Leader will be instrumental in the success of our strategy, and ultimately the company’s growth engine, since having the right people is the most important variable in fulfilling the vision we have created.
The Talent Acquisition Leader will be responsible for the planning and execution of our external recruiting strategy, including direct sourcing for key leadership roles (both manager and executive level) that are critical to the long-term evolution of our company.
We are looking for a talent acquisition expert that desires a dynamic role, wants to make a dramatic impact on the world, is looking for the autonomy to further their future and the organizations, and has an unquenchable thirst for challenges and personal growth. And while we highly value capability, we value fit even more, and are therefore looking for an individual who is not only highly qualified with impressive past accomplishments, but who also clearly aligns with our Values and Vision.
The successful person will work directly with our company’s senior executives, and will also partner with our organizational development advisor who has been instrumental in the achievement of a sustained engagement value of over 90% since 2004 in a global, public company with brand recognition of over 95% around the world. This advisor has implemented hiring methodologies that achieved a sustained level of 85% success in recruiting (defined by: people hired were still on board, performing well and highly engaged at least three years after their start date).
- Aligned with our vision and values
- Ability to employ content-valid, behaviorally based candidate evaluation methodologies
- Ability to compose position profiles that describe functional accountabilities and associated qualifying competencies, based on information provided
- High degree of competency in sourcing exceptional candidates across the spectrum of position types, from senior executive to key professional roles, in manufacturing and related service organizations
- Ability to design and implement continual recruiting and sourcing methodologies
- Ability to translate business strategies and long-term objectives into ongoing and targeted talent acquisition programs
- Knowledge of industries relevant to our business and products, including an understanding of manufacturing environments relevant to our strategic directions
- Able to work remotely, with onsite visits and meetings as appropriate, pandemic-allowing (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
We are actively engaging candidates, are looking to make a decision by the end of February.