Director Software Engineering- North Carolina
Citizens BankFull time azure amazon-web-services cloud agile sre
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
azure, amazon-web-services, cloud, agile, sre
Citizens Bank is seeking highly motivated and experienced leaders to join our Consumer Technology team and be part of our technology transformation journey.
Citizens Bank is embarking on an exciting technology transformation journey that includes state-of-the-art web and mobile apps as well as APIs, AI and data driven products. As Director, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven engineering operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements and cutting-edge innovations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be a change agent and evangelist promoting and leading the technology transformation at Citizens Bank
- Provide engineering/architecture leadership to the organization, while leading the day to day execution
- Collaborate with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Collaborate and communicate across business and technology teams
- Work with 3rd party vendors to evaluate products and talent
- Work with business colleagues to lead product envisioning, design and development.
- Build cloud native applications
- Lead and mentor other junior engineering colleagues
Prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional and leadership core competencies including:
- 12+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Proficient in Agile practices
- Demonstrated experience in leading and architecting DevSecOps and SRE models.
- Strong experience and skill in driving transformation, helping business and technology groups transition to agile ways of working.
- Building and promoting a strong engineering culture by hiring and grooming the right skills and behaviors
- Demonstrated Engineering leadership to drive rapid development and scaling of enterprise grade platforms that deliver business value, while optimizing the Technology cost base
- Ability to build and grow relationships across the organization, working and communicating effectively with stakeholders, colleagues and teams
- Deep experience with conceptualizing, creating, and executing enterprise technology strategies with metrics that matter, to demonstrate value & success.
- Solid understanding of latest trends in APIs, MSA, Service Mesh and deploying serverless applications
- Experience assessing and managing API maturity levels for the enterprise
- Experience working in AWS or GCP or Azure cloud environments
- Experience working with Devops tool chain (subversion, bitbucket, Git, selenium, Rally, Jira etc.
- Solid understanding of databases, including SQL, NoSQL and NewSQL databases
- Working with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.) and/or on-prem private cloud
- Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree required
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran