Middle School Earth/Space Science Content Creator/Reviewer
Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying mass, mantles, or mammals, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We’re building new content to expand our library of middle school Earth and space science instruction and practice. To do that, we’re looking for someone who is interested in a temporary/contract assignment and ready to dive into content editing. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Collaborate with our team and external content-writing vendor to create Earth and space science practice exercises and articles
- Provide direction and clear, helpful feedback for content created by external content-writing vendor
- Occasionally create practice exercises and articles yourself
- Work with video creators to develop new videos covering Earth and space science concepts
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE
- A degree in geology, astronomy, or closely related field
- Experience writing student-facing content, such as practice questions and articles
- Impeccable written communication skills, editorial abilities, and strong attention to detail
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the middle school level
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Comfort with distributed teams and giving and receiving feedback
- Eagerness to grow, enthusiasm for experimentation, and comfort with ambiguity
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Sheets and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Formal experience teaching at the middle school level
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator or similar for image creation
- Experience with LaTeX/KaTeX
- This is a 20-30 hr/week, 6-8 month limited temporary/contract position.
- This position is remote.
- Competitive pay - $50/hr
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in Khan Academy (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.