Trust and Safety Analyst, Legal and Compliance
Trust & Safety Analyst, Legal & Compliance
- TRUST & SAFETY
Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety team is looking for a teammate with an eye for detail and process, strong critical thinking and deduction skills, and the initiative to help fulfill our legal and compliance obligations.
About the Team
You’ll be joining Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety team, a collaborative group of people who are passionate about keeping the ecosystem safe and building trust within the community, which allows creative projects to flourish on our platform. We believe in clearly defined and evolving policies, open channels of communication within the team and across the organization, and the delicate balance required of maintaining both effective and efficient workflows.
In This Role, You Will:
- Processing requests related to private information, coordinating with our payments processor, and mediating intellectual property disputes.
- Ensuring that projects on Kickstarter adhere to regulatory obligations established by domestic and international governing entities.
- Responding to subpoena orders, project content modification requests, and GDPR compliance inquiries.
- Conducting research to review project content, working closely with the Kickstarter Legal team to escalate concerns and remediate issues as needed.
- Cataloging workflow, logging noteworthy events, and updating internal policy, and procedure documentation.
- Continuously evaluating and proposing improvements for existing processes and policies; working closely with our Legal team, payments processor, and internal stakeholders to ensure these processes meet Kickstarter’s legal obligations.
- You have interest and/or experience working in a legal, compliance, or regulatory capacity.
- You are trustworthy and respect the confidentiality of user information.
- You are organized and detail-oriented, you have no trouble following-up on loose ends.
- You are a curious, quick learner and problem-solver.
- You have the ability to communicate with a diverse audience.
- You have excellent business judgment and communication skills with an ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- You embrace ambiguity, making decisions with limited or sometimes conflicting information.
- You are tech-savvy, you have no problem getting up to speed with new tools.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.