Chief Medical Officer
Parsley HealthFull time
Chief Medical Officer
Parsley Health is a motivated team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We excel in a high-paced work environment while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
We are hiring a physician leader who will partner with our CEO, COO, and SVP of Clinical Operations to design and run a clinical organization that scales to meet increasing demand, delivers ever-increasing measurable levels of clinical quality and outcomes, and ensures a highly-engaged, resilient, and high performing clinical team.
In addition, this executive leader will represent the clinical organization cross-functionally, working closely with our Business Ops, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, and People teams to deliver against ambitious company goals. In this capacity, this person will partner with our executive team to articulate a clear vision of our clinical product offering, assist in the development and execution of new product lines, and ensure clinical quality is both maintained and accelerated as we scale.
- Design and co-manage a clinical organization that allows us to meet increasing demand as we grow: You will partner with our Clinical Operations, People, and Talent teams to design and implement a resilient, flexible, and high-quality clinical organization that ensures we are able to match demand with supply. In partnership with operational leadership, you will develop a clinical cost efficiency plan that delivers further improvements to product margin over the next 2 years. Ultimately, your responsibility will be to ensure provider time is efficiently used to support our growing patient base, delivering measurable impact to both topline revenue and margin targets.
- Own and improve clinical quality and outcomes: Own clinical quality metrics, clinical guidelines for standards of care, and clinical approval of relationships with outside vendors. You will oversee our outcomes data workstreams, ensuring we are continuously iterating upon our data practices to present the world-class outcomes that our care delivers. You will also be responsible for overseeing the clinical org’s performance cycles (e.g. overseeing semi-annual reviews, clinical performance criteria), measuring performance against internal benchmarks. In this capacity, you own ongoing training, shadowing, and evaluation of clinical quality.
- Drive an engaged, resilient, and high performing clinical team: You will partner with VP, Clinical Operations to ensure ambitious company revenue and margin goals will be achieved on a quarterly and annual basis. You will oversee progress throughout the quarter on our team’s top business drivers and ensure they stay on track, anticipating and raising key business risks that may hinder our team’s ability to meet goals.You will also be responsible for ensuring that clinical hires are made on time (in partnership with our Talent team) and at quality to ensure no gaps in our ability to serve projected demand. When you are successful, people on your team are engaged, productive, and focused, understanding their role in driving business KRs and incentivized to perform; underperforming teammates are identified early and effectively managed.
- Oversee our Learning and Development function: You will be responsible for overseeing our learning and development department that owns onboarding, development, and employee experience for the clinical team at Parsley Health. Through direct management of the Director of Learning and Development, you will ensure clinicians and coaches are successfully onboarded and able to see patients at goal cadence, as well as with confidence and efficiency.
- Provide Cross-Functional Leadership: You will sit on the executive team and play a leading role contributing to the strategic direction of the business, as well as addressing day to day business challenges, serving as the voice of clinical quality and experience. You will partner closely with leaders in Ops, Product, Marketing, and Finance to drive the business to greater heights quarterly through OKR’s planning. You will be responsible for partnering with our CEO and founder, along with other executives, to develop a clinical vision for the organization.
- Establish Positive Team Culture: You will partner with Leadership to deliver critical messaging to clinicians and coaches; ensuring buy-in across the team, especially in moments of change management, and rallying and incentivizing teams to meet or surpass goals. You will also partner with operations leaders to promote a positive, collaborative culture in line with our service norms.
- Participate in Clinical Brand-Promoting Activities: As requested, you will support growth and recruiting initiatives which may include presenting at conferences, events, etc. You are also responsible for owning investor and VIP visits, as requested.
- Be a Model Doctor: In managing a small number of patients at Parsley, you will demonstrate excellence in completing doctor responsibilities. It is essential that you are a pro at doing the job as you guide others to excel.
- Managed an organization of at least 50-100+ clinicians, with oversight over leaders
- Been a leader in high growth technology-driven startup environments – you’re excited by the challenge of disrupting an industry, ability to roll with frequent changes, and supporting a team with ambitious goals
- Experience driving metrics and business outcomes in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and productivity
- Decisive prioritization and demonstrated ability to say no to others
- Experience bridging the gap between the clinical team and the business need – you have been responsible for delivering business outcomes while in parallel driving towards a strong, continuously improving clinical culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience delivering holistic or telehealth care to your own patients
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school, Medical Board Certification, and completion of medical residency program
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we are able to serve our members.