Customer Support Team Lead
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
Who you are committed to being
Prenda is a values driven company and we are seeking candidates who are committed to living our core values.
- Start with heart: Caring about people and a passion for learning are more important than transcripts, certificates and pedagogy.
- Figure it out: Everyone has the potential to become a capable problem solver. When we rob students of their struggles, we rob them of their victories.
- Dare greatly: We discover our gifts and purpose, then courageously tackle the big goals ahead of us. When the call to action is scary, we embrace the struggle, ask “why not?” and keep moving forward.
- Foundation of trust: Trust is the only way humans can learn and build together. We think about trust in every interaction and do everything we can to increase it. Am I trusting others? Are my words or actions inviting others to trust me?
- Learning > comfort: It’s tempting to avoid risk, stick with what we know, and hide from new and challenging frontiers. We seek the real learning that comes when we step (or leap) out of our comfort zone
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate Customer Support Team
- Manage customer support personnel.
- Ensure that the support team is staffed & trained with personnel who can answer all support questions.
- Provide advice and support for support personnel as questions arise.
Review and Resolve Escalations
- Manage SLA’s and ensure responses to support questions are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Identify solutions to the customer’s query and direct them to the correct team member/department.
- Manage escalations with diplomacy to ensure the customer is satisfied.
Support Process Improvement
- Help improve the overall team and organization efficiency and performance by finding ways to improve internal processes.
- Manage data related to customer support and analyze processes to enhance the customer experience.
Train New Hires
- Provide initial and ongoing support and training for support personnel
- 3+ years of leadership experience in customer service.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication. Being an effective and empathic written and verbal communicator.
- Problem-solving skills . The ability to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Customer support systems. A working knowledge of various customer support systems (i.e. Zendesk or Helpscout).
- Experience working with autonomous, cross-functional teams.
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entirely remote team