Customer Experience Associate
Customer Experience Associate (Remote)
- Flexible – US
The Customer Experience team at Betterment is key to enhancing our customer-focused product, supporting its users, and is relied on by every team in our organization. As a Customer Experience Associate, you like working with people, fixing things, and are a master at the art of the analogy. You understand what it means to be a champion of a brand. You are the voice for customers, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment. You understand what it is like to be a customer, and appreciate going above and beyond to delight people and solve their problems. In this role, you will be joining a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization.
Recent graduates welcome!
This role is 100% remote. We are hiring in all states except: NY, NJ, PA, CT, CA, CO, ME, WA
A Day in the Life:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service and experiences through phone, email, live chat, and social media channels
- Explain complex transactional and investment principles clearly, helping prospects and customers see the benefits of our products
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Act as the internal voice of the customer, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product
What We’re Looking For:
- Expertise with customer service, financial services, or retail banking
- Interest in becoming a subject matter expert in finance and personal investing
- Technical savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to build rapport – you will speak with our customers through email and in real-time over our live chat feature
- Weekend and flexible availability
- Customer service, call center or related experience working with CRM systems (For example: Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira,, Desk, ZoHo, etc.)
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you’re well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.