DataMate Bookkeeping & TaxFull time
Datamate Bookkeeping & Tax, Inc. is a full service, small accounting firm located in Gilroy, CA…at the southern gateway to Silicon Valley. We are a growing close-knit team providing monthly bookkeeping services with QuickBooks Online, payroll and tax preparation services. Our goal is to balance working hard with enjoying free time at home with those you love most. You have an opportunity to join a fantastic team!
We have an immediate opening for a full-time bookkeeper who has strong accrual based accounting skills. The position is open to remote candidates, working from home anywhere within the United States!
- Can set up a QuickBooks Online file: bank accounts, set up online access for downloads, chart of accounts
- Understands vendor and customer lists, naming order, clean lists
- Knows how to match and accept transactions in QBO
- Can reconcile bank and credit card accounts quickly and efficiently
- Can split transactions in checks and deposits
- Understands simple journal entries for opening balance equity
- Easily spot errors in profit and loss statement and correct them
- Takes security seriously to protect all parties
- Create basic financial statements and can upload to client portal
- Communicates well verbally and in written format with clients and manager Intermediate Skills
- Knows how to enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments, and sales receipts
- Able to fix broken links in QBO
- Understands credits and debits
- Can export vendor, customer, and chart of account lists from QBDT to QBO
- Maintains chart of accounts in logical, clean manner, paying attention to P&L accounts vs. Balance Sheet accounts
- Able to post JEs for interest and depreciation
- Has general knowledge of how some categories/expenses are taxed differently in order to post to the correct account
- Knows how to post transactions with sales tax, pay sales tax in QBO
- Feels comfortable using GoToMeeting screen sharing technology to meet with clients
- Can set up and maintain classes in QBO
- Set up vendors for 1099 processing
- Understand how transactions are linked to financial statements
- Has a basic knowledge of business entities and posts transactions appropriately
- Able to import transactions to QBO (ex: CSV files)
- Knows how to migrate a desktop file to QBO
- Can untangle A/R messes
- Process sales tax returns
- Understand the meaning of bad debt
- Comprehends payroll issues such as 401k, medical, vacation, sick time, workers
- compensations, and garnishments
- Reconcile gross payroll and payroll taxes from the payroll reports
- Has an understanding of budgeting and forecasting to help with cash flow issues
- Can take a corporate tax return balance sheet and adjust the balance sheet in
- QBO to match
- Has strong understanding of business entities
- Knowledge with regards to inventory
- Can problem solve, offer ideas and recommendations to clients
- Can process 571-L Property Tax Returns
- Understands and maintains job costing
- Proficient in 3rd party applications such as eBillity, Expensify, Bill.com, Hubdoc, or T-Sheets.
- Strong Excel, Outlook, and knowledge of Access is a plus. We use multiple cloud based technologies such as ShareFile, QuickBooks Online and web meeting software.
In order to apply for this position, please follow the steps below:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email a cover letter that will include:
- Desired compensation
- Available start date
- Why the job is particularly of interest to you
- Why you would be the best candidate for the job
- Which skill set above best describes your abilities and experience?
- Let us know if you caught any typos or grammar errors in this ad
NOTE: We will only open emails from candidates that put, “I LOVE TO RECONCILE!” as the top line of your cover letter. Then, we will schedule interviews with those qualified candidates who answer ALL 6 of the above questions on their cover letter. No phone calls please.
Hourly compensation based upon proficiency skills.
All final candidates will require typing test, personality test, grammar test and a background check before employment.