Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK-12, is seeking a Curriculum Developer to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
May include one or more of the following:
- Author lessons to align to content standards and an established instructional design framework
- Author assessment items and/or practice sets to align to lesson content
- Author remediation materials aligned to specific content standards
Curriculum Developers have strong knowledge of and experience with content and pedagogy in mathematics. Their expertise is well developed in at least one grade level, but preferably across a grade band. They are committed to continuous professional growth, including by giving and receiving feedback.
These are the qualifications for Curriculum Developer candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching or coaching in the elementary grades
- Thorough knowledge of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics (CCSS-M) and the related progressions documents
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office and able to quickly learn new technologies as needed
- Experience teaching or coaching Eureka Math
- Experience teaching or coaching multiple grades levels
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, virtual environment
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning guidelines
- Familiarity with English Language Learner support strategies
- Experience authoring curricular materials for publication
This is a 4-to-6-month remote position requiring no travel. In your cover letter, please identify the position you are applying for and why you are well-qualified.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.