Bookkeeping Team Lead
Bookkeeping Team Lead
- Sunrise United States Full time
Sunrise, a Lendio company, is looking for new talent to lead our team of Bookkeepers!
Sunrise empowers small businesses to simply and accurately manage their finances, cash flow, and grow their business. Our goal is to take the power of bookkeeping and deliver it to our users through an intuitive, easy-to-use tool.
As a member of this team, you will be managing your own client workload for several clients around the country as well as managing a team of Bookkeepers.
What you will be doing:
This is a full-time remote position managing a team of 10-15 remote bookkeepers and an offshore team while managing your own book of clients. You will be a part of a team of 35 Remote Bookkeepers.
- review project management reporting for client and project progress for all bookkeepers.
- Focus on projects that are overdue, work with individual bookkeepers to get caught up.
- Hold bookkeepers accountable to their day to day functions.
- Oversee client audits, provide feedback to bookkeepers, and follow up with related assignments given to bookkeepers after each audit.
- Match inbound clients to account bookkeepers according to business needs; coordinate with onboarding Team Lead to ensure a smooth transition and flow.
- Communicate with clients via email, phone and screen share.
- You are responsible for the accuracy and analysis of a variety of complex accounting information to prepare the client’s financial statements.
- As Needed
- Training new bookkeepers on the team, working with instructional design learning management systems to provide online effective training.
- Mentor bookkeepers: provide resources of knowledge, provide opportunities for growth, assess what additional training might be needed, and to help to manage workloads
- Extensive Bookkeeping / Accounting experience is a must
- 4+ years of experience Building and Leading a team
- Proven ability to track team metrics and KPIs with successful outcome
- Self-motivated and be able to work effectively under deadline
- Excellent communication skills through email, phone, video chat, etc
- Ability to work within an ever changing and exciting start up environment
- Highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail & high degree of accuracy
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to support 20+ clients in addition to successfully managing assignments to several offshore and US support bookkeepers
- Responsive and proactive
- A full suite of traditional benefits, even for your furbabies!
- Unlimited Vacation
- 401k with company-match and immediate vesting
- Company contributed HSA
- Wellness Program