We're looking for native English speakers interested in working part-time transcribing audio and video recordings of legal proceedings. You will have the unique opportunity to listen to and learn about intriguing legal cases and investigations.
A successful transcriber possesses the following skills:
* attentive listening
* strong command of grammar and punctuation
* speedy and accurate typing abilities
You'll need to comprehend audio quickly and type what you hear verbatim as you listen. The ideal transcriber would also be detail-oriented, dependable, and capable of working independently.
You can work remotely and as much or as little as you like.
The legal proceedings in these recordings are confidential and deal with a wide range of subjects. They may contain sensitive or difficult material. For this reason, maturity and discretion are crucial to this role.
**Job requirements: **
Native English speaker based in the United States (except CA, NY, or MA)
* A computer
* Broadband internet
* Employ the use of proprietary transcription software
* Willingness to abide by confidentiality guidelines and submit to background checks
* Common sense
* An understanding of or willingness to learn basic legal terminology and abbreviations
* Very basic research skills (i.e. checking the spelling of names)
* Experience transcribing is not necessary but a plus
Transcription work can be a great source of supplementary income. The average Parrot transcriber makes $200 - $500 a month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.