SEO & Content Strategy Manager, Client Success
Omniscient DigitalFull time
About Omniscient Digital
Omniscient Digital is a premium content marketing and SEO agency supporting major B2B software and ecommerce companies like AppSumo, Lokalise, Pique Tea, and more. Our work has been featured in HubSpot, Shopify, Intercom, and CXL, and our strategies are used by many of the top content marketing teams in the country.
Learn about the core values that drive how we work.
About this role
We’re hiring an SEO & Content Strategy Manager to lead client projects focused on helping our clients reach their goals. You’ll work closely with our editorial and link building teams to make sure our clients get a white glove experience as we deliver premium content that earns them top spots on Google for relevant search terms.
This is the perfect role for someone experienced in content marketing, SEO, project management, account management, and campaign planning within an agency environment.
You’ll be given a huge amount of freedom and autonomy to grow this part of the business, so if that kind of ownership excites you, read on.
This role will start out part-time and expected to become full-time as we grow your book of clients.
The SEO & Content Strategy Manager’s job is to make sure that everything runs smoothly, seamlessly, and on schedule at all times. You’ll have to split your time between coordinating the editorial planning process and being available for clients’ needs.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Work with our Head of Content to ensure clients get the highest quality deliverables with no errors
- Serve as the primary contact for clients and manage the relationship from the moment they become a client through the term of the project. This includes: leading client calls; responding to questions, allaying concerns, and requests; coordinating changes to the content plan as requested by clients; deliver weekly project status updates via email; and more as needed.
- Learn the client’s industry and business inside and out, and employ a strategic approach to planning content, analyzing project performance, and reporting results.
- Serve as the liaison between clients and the writing team during the ramp-up period between project kickoff and beginning of publishing.
Project Management, and Editorial Strategy Responsibilities
- Perform keyword research and create content plans for up to 10-20 clients in multiple industries
- Stay one step ahead of the writers and editors by making sure each article for each client is thought through ahead of time, and provide everything they need so they can complete the article without issues or delays.
- Organize content plans in Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, and Asana, making sure every editorial calendar is up to date and planned out sufficiently in advance at all times.
- Miscellaneous problem solving for writers’ and editors’ concerns, questions, and anything else related to the client’s editorial plan.
Tools you’ll have access to and be expected to use
- Notion, Ahrefs, Google Sheets, Slack, Screaming Frog, MarketMuse, Clearscope
Who you are
The type of person we’re looking for.
- You’re experienced in SEO and content. You have 2-3 years of experience with SEO, keyword research, and content marketing.
- Prioritization and organization come easily to you. You’re detail-oriented, organized, and efficient. You can juggle multiple projects and responsibilities with multiple people at once.
- You’ve worked with multiple clients before. You have proven ability to manage multiple client relationships in various industries in an agency setting – or similarly fast-paced – environment.
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator. You can clearly communicate nuanced and complex concepts and thoughts.
- You seek feedback. You’re eager to learn, grow, and improve your skills.
- You’re a critical thinker. You love challenges and solving hard problems.
- You’re process-oriented. You try to be as efficient as possible and always look for ways to improve how things are done.
- You’re adaptable. You’re a flexible and agile. You know things change and may not work out as planned, so you do what needs to be done.
- You’re great at working independently. You can set and achieve your own goals and communicate what you’re working on. You don’t need or want to be managed.
Benefits of working with us
We’re here to help you grow and do great work.
- We’re a 100% remote company so you can work from anywhere.
- By working at a small company with multiple clients, you’ll improve your SEO, editorial, marketing, and project management skills faster than you would at a big company.
- Ample opportunities to take on more responsibility and grow the business.
- We’ll coach you up toward becoming a world-class marketer.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to cities like LA, Boston, Austin, or Chicago to get some time together in person (as COVID-19 allows, of course).
The role will be hourly and compensation will be based on experience, starting at $25/hour.
The number of hours you work will range between 20-30 hours per week depending on your availability and client load with plans to ramp up.
If you’re interested, apply below.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. Omniscient Digital is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if the idea of this role excites you.
- Workday must overlap by at least 5 hours with Austin, TX, USA
- Must be a resident of United States
Location: US Locations Only (See additional guidelines above)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.