Faculty – Integrative and Functional Nutrition
Saybrook UniversityFull time
Faculty- Integrative & Functional Nutrition
Overview: Saybrook University is seeking a full-time, salaried faculty member in the Department of Integrative & Functional Nutrition (IFN) within the College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences (CIMHS). Reporting directly to the department chair, this person will develop and instruct graduate-level applied nutritional sciences courses, serve on dissertation research committees, mentor students, and support scholarship activities that help maintain and grow the department. This person may reside anywhere within the continental United States so long as they have continuous reliable internet and telephone services. The primary responsibilities for this faculty instructor include:
Course Instruction and Design
- Deliver high quality on-line courses to foster critical thinking, student engagement, and advanced academic performance.
- Develop innovative new courses and/or revise existing courses to align with the program learning outcomes and academic standards and to support growth of the department.
- Maintain current working knowledge of advances in the field of integrative and functional nutrition.
- Be proficient in the use of on-line technologies and learning management systems to facilitate instruction.
- Provide supplemental instructional assistance to students as appropriate.
- Provide occasional on-line educational sessions and webinars for the broader Saybrook community on behalf of the department.
Faculty Advising/Mentoring Students
- Mentor students as they progress through their degree programs and model the professional attributes of an evidence-based, scholar-practitioner.
- Help identify student research opportunities and serve on student research committees.
- Speak with and interview prospective students per requests from the admissions department.
- Report concerns of students with or at risk of performance issues to the appropriate administrative personnel.
- Provide input on degree program design and identify opportunity for program enhancement.
- Participate in program and course level academic review processes.
- Assist with onboarding and mentoring of new and existing adjunct instructors.
- Participate in required faculty meetings and trainings and serve on committees as needed (e.g., training and orientation, pre-semester meetings, technology updates, Institutional Review Board).
- Represent Saybrook at professional conferences and community engagement activities.
- Residential conference attendance is not required for this position but is optional.
- PhD from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Experience in design and delivery of on-line nutrition courses, preferably at the graduate level
- Subject-matter expert in topics relevant to integrative nutrition practitioners and/or public health or lifestyle medicine
- Experience as a nutrition practitioner in community/public health or clinical setting
- Experience with design and implementation of nutrition research, preferably experience overseeing student research
- History of peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations
- Terms of Faculty Appointment: 1.0 Full-Time Equivalency (FTE)
- Annual Salary: $82,500
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.