Prior Authorization Clerk – Data Entry
MedImpact Healthcare SystemsFull time
Prior Authorization Clerk – Data Entry
- Tempe, AZ, Van Buren Township, MI, San Diego, CA or Remote
- Employment duration:Full time
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
To ensure prompt and accurate data entry of Medical Exception Request Forms (MERFs) and provide back-up support to the PA Operations Department.
What You Get To Do:
- Data entry of incoming MERFs as required. Maintain archived files of processed MERFs and responses/letters in a central location
- Dispense MERF to appropriate PA Coordinator using established department policy and procedures in a timely manner or as needed
- Distribute PA reports daily, weekly, and/or monthly to appropriate personnel. Support Customer Service department with administrative duties such as copying, filing, faxing, and interoffice mail delivery as needed
- Fax verification and research to ensure accuracy of fax transmissions
- Initiate PA letter print in MedAccess and create banner pages for production when an address banner is missing
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings
Education and/or Experience
- For consideration candidates will need a High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) or equivalent
- Two (2) to five (5) years clerical experience
- PBM, Health Plan, or Health Care background preferred
- Knowledge of medical/pharmacy terminology preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office/Word, Excel, and Outlook and aptitude for new programs
- Experience with Windows based database programs is also required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Pharmacy Technician License and/or CPhT certification without restriction preferred.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.