Director – Content Design
Title: Director, Content Design
- Location: US National; San Francisco, CA – Remote, US Based
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless and delightful for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for an experienced writer and director who can build a strong content design / UX writing function at Instacart. This role is responsible for evolving and socializing the content design vision across both our customer, shopper, retailer, and advertiser experiences and is expected to collaborate closely with marketing, product design, PM, and brand leadership to influence product strategy and priorities. We are looking for a leader who thrives on coaching and mentoring content designers in their craft and career goals. And someone who can comfortably shift between recruiting, team-building, editing, and strategizing.
- 8+ years of experience working as part of a product writing, UX writing, or content design team
- 4+ year of experience managing UX writers, content designers, or content strategists experience managing managers is preferred
- User-centric approach to designing and writing user flows
- Experience with building, hiring and mentoring high performing teams
- Emotional intelligencethe ability to truly understand what each individual on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled
- An inspiring portfolio of projects that showcases your (or your team’s) writing approach, final copy, and impact
- A demonstrated ability to lead initiatives end-to-end and with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- A track record of influencing product strategy
- You love developing cohesive and scalable strategies that can play out across numerous channels and mediums
- A history of proactively creating processes and solutions within ambiguous problem areas. Comfortable rolling up sleeves and working without formal requirement documents or top-down decisions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.