Corporate Accountant – Remote Position
P720022 · Accounting & Finance · Zillow Group · Remote US; San Francisco
About the team
We are a team of skilled accounting professionals and fun people within the Controller organization who enjoy working within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company. We work in a highly collaborative environment and work directly with teams throughout the Finance organization (including Financial Reporting, Tax, Technical Accounting, Revenue, and FP&A), as well as Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Applications teams across various product lines. Specifically, our team is responsible for:
- Completing month-end close responsibilities including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Participating in the annual audit and quarterly reviews performed by our auditors, including walkthroughs and the preparation of PBCs
- Finance integration of new activity, including the creation of new processes and GL close activities and ensuring SOX readiness
- We are a fast-paced and rapidly-growing organization where you can make a difference to our business by using your experience in accounting, analysis, compliance, and reporting.
- Impact: small team = your work has great impact
- Opportunity for growth: we are a fast-paced company which is growing year-over-year
- Fulfillment: great place to work
About the role
Zillow Group is looking for a hardworking and can-do Accountant to join the Corporate Accounting Team, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. This position requires knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, an interest in corporate accounting, and motivation to contribute to a constantly evolving business. The ideal candidate for this position is dynamic, motivated, diligent, capable, and can:
- Pivot, roll with change, and balance competing deadlines
- Work well within a team
- Think independently and raise questions and concerns
Specifically, the role will:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Lead investigations into and prepare flux analysis for certain operating expenses
- Pursue optimization and automation of existing processes
- Cultivate cross-team relationships among Finance and business stakeholders
- Own and operate SOX controls as necessary
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Strong Excel skills with an interest and aptitude for working with large amounts of data
- BA/BS with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting, mid-to-large-sized tech or high-growth company
- Audit or Internal Audit experience, desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Workday or other ERP experience preferred
- Experience with a month-end close process preferred
- CPA, with a working knowledge of GAAP preferred
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow’s businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.