Unity TechnologiesFull time
Title: Unity Labs, Game Designer
- Location: Remote, USA
Unity Labs’ mission is to explore how content authoring, AI, deep learning, computer visualization, VR, AR and Cloud will evolve in the next decade to radically transform how content will be created, streamed and played. As part of Labs, we are launching a small agile team focussed on the future of digital entertainment and 3D interactive content streaming.
As Game Designer, you will have the opportunity to develop, design, and implement a new 3d experience with evolving features and showcasing events. You will be working directly with the Product Leader, Lead Technical Architect, Software Engineer, and a variety of teams, both internal and external to deliver a high quality of work. This an opportunity to play a strategic role in establishing Unity’s position in an evolving landscape of direct-to-consumer apps and services.
- Understand models and tools to analyze game play and user behavior
- Provide strategic input and direction for consumer facing experience (s) as a whole
- Propose interaction design with a focus on player behavior goals
- Manage and direct all aspects of interaction development: UI/UX, game design, logic, performance, etc.
- Collaborate with gameplay programmers in the implementation of mechanics designed for experiences
- Professional experience using Unity, including shipped titles/shipped games/ extensive campaigns and/ or applications
- Experience with version control systems such as Perforce, Mercurial, and Git
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, iterate and balance features
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
- QA experience
- XR/AR consumer product experience.
- Experience working directly on and with remote teams.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- A/B testing experience
- Willingness to accept and provide constructive criticism
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.