Engineering Project Manager
GridUnity, IncFull time agile project-management
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: Product Manager
- Deliver projects on time
- Activity and resource planning
- Organizing and motivating a project team
- Creating and maintaining schedules
- Analyzing and managing project risks
- Monitoring project progress, escalate appropriately
- Collaborate with other team members
Required Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- 5 years of project management experience
- CS degree or relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of agile methodology
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and different technologies
- Improve our processes for being an effective team
- Proven record of major project completion
- Experience as a project manager in the energy sector is a plus
- Ability to work 100% remotely or in our Boston office (many of our employees are permanently 100% remote)
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Generous vacation plan
- Supportive engineering environment
We are not providing visa sponsorship for this role
Our Interview Process
- We try to be fast and to communicate with you promptly.
- From our most recent engineering hire: “GridUnity’s recruiting process was faster and friendlier than elsewhere. I could tell that you cared about me as a person and about my potential. The conversations felt more natural.”
- We are not interested in talking about basics of Agile but we do want to hear how you adapt the methodology of managing engineering teams in the environment you worked.
- We would love to hear about challenges, successes and failures of projects you worked on. What are the lessons that you learned?
- We will have casual conversations where we try to get to know you as a person. We want to know how you think, how you approach challenges, and how you work with others.
- We care more about ability to learn, grow, think logically, and be creative than we do about general methodologies.
- We want you to ask plenty of questions, too, so that you can get an accurate sense for whether you’ll love working here.
- We care about diversity.
- We care about learning and improving continually, so if you ever have suggestions for us about any part of this job description or our recruiting process, we look forward to hearing them.