Accounting Assistant 1
Title: Accounting Assistant 1
- Location: YOUNGSTOWN OH or REMOTE, United States
- Employment Status: Part-Time
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant?
Sodexo is seeking a high energy Accounting Assistant to perform accounting duties within a Central IFM team which could be located virtually anywhere in the United States. This position supports our Corporate Services Integrated Facilities Management team with AP, AR, Work Order and Purchase Order Creation in Maximo P2P. Use of prior financial systems is a plus. Other tasks and documents may be requested from this position as needed including meeting note-taking regarding financial topics, working with our onsite staff, and working with an analyst on the accounts in question. Associates degree in accounting or finance preferred or equivalent accounting experience.
This position is an hourly part-time position. You will work 5 hours a day for 4 days a week totaling 25 hours a week and your hours would need to be in-between the hours of 10:00 AM-6:00 PM EST. Very Flexible hours, some weeks we may ask you to work more hours.
- Use and understand Microsoft Office; Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access capabilities.
- Audit and correct vendor invoices processed through UFS, e-Pay, and TMC utilizing SAP, My Sodexo – e-Pay, The Market Connection (TMC), FIORI and Maximo/P2P.
- Multi-tasks performing activities such as photocopy, compiling records, filing, tabulating, and posting information.
- May perform general accounting, and complete Sodexo financial reports according to Sodexo policy and procedures.
- Manage audits
- Excel reporting
- Resolve issues regarding past due and paid wrong vendor invoices using HEAT Adjustment process and SAP.
- Provide customer service to Sodexo operating units responsible for invoice processing and submission.
- Provide customer service to Sodexo vendors related to invoice processing and check information.
- Provide guidance to Sodexo Units related to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- AR Billing of our clients or outside customers
- Take meeting notes or document processes defined on calls for dept. playbook
- Back-up various department functions as needed
The successful candidate will:
- have experience with SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- demonstrate strong attention to detail;
- work as a team player and can work independently; and/or
- demonstrate the initiative to seek solutions, resolve issues and have a hunger to grow and develop in this role.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are:
- fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and SharePoint;
- detailed oriented, flexible, and have ability to manage multiple priorities; and/or
- have excellent organization, communication and project management skills
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
- Performs various clerical/accounting functions in support of the company’s or department’s financial tracking, processing and reporting requirements.
- May involve general accounts payable/receivable or related financial areas.
- Work is highly structured, prescribed procedures and guidelines are available as to how assignments are to be completed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.