Virtual Meeting Moderator
Title: Virtual Meeting Moderator (Contract)
Availability: Up to 8 hours per day (EST, CST, PST); Daytime Availability Required
Rate: $28 - $40/hour depending on experience and scope of work
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speaker or headset, microphone – built-in, USB plug-in (wireless bluetooth optional)
- Webcam – built-in, USB plug-in
- Windows or Apple computer
We are seeking Virtual Meeting Moderators to join our growing contractor pool. The Virtual Meeting Moderator will be responsible for supporting Facilitators as they present learning programs to Ardent’s clients through our Virtual Instructor-Led Training (vILT) platform. This position will work alongside other Facilitation, Technology and Account team members in order to present a seamless experience for participants.
These positions are temporary (contract) roles with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed; work can be done remotely with personal equipment and software.
In This Contract Role You Will:
- Support up to 10 Facilitators presenting a single vILT course for up to 25 attendees
- Be responsible for making the online classroom experience seamless for participants to engage with tools like video sharing, whiteboarding, chat, polls and quizzes through our vILT platform, Newrow
- Moderate online training sessions, tracking lessons learned to help create documentation on best practices
- Provide feedback and reporting issues with the platform, as well as provide feedback on Facilitator and participant engagement to the Account team
- Ensure quick reference card is followed and completed, help the Facilitator manage time, field chat questions, introduce questions when timing is appropriate, and take notes for Facilitators to follow up with participants after class if time in class doesn’t allow
- Be responsible for supporting the tracking of attendance, no shows, and any discrepancies in email addresses (registered versus attended) and sharing reports/results with the Account team
- Be comfortable on camera and have a presentable home office that doesn’t distract participants from the vILT experience
- Have experience running online meetings through platforms like Zoom, Webex, Newrow or similar online platforms
- Have familiarity with operating systems to help diagnose issues with connecting speakers, webcams and microphones
- Understand how browser access is imperative to helping participants join the session and engage in the session by being able to see, hear and speak
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in both Apple and Microsoft products
- Working knowledge of collaboration and conferencing software, Webex Teams, Newrow, Zoom
- Experience working and supporting a geographically dispersed workforce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting employees at all levels in an organization
- Top notch customer service skills
We are not a typical learning company. Our team is truly passionate about changing lives. We want everything we do — our work, our conversations, our interactions — to be genuine, true, and unique. Our team strives to Elevate and Evolve in all that we do.
We're always on the lookout for innovative, curious, and passionate people who can help us achieve our goals.
What We Do:
Ardent Learning helps our clients thrive in business by developing custom training solutions. We believe the most effective learning experience incorporates our client’s brand, culture, and values. Our team is tenacious in helping our clients and their people reach their goals and perform at the highest level.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Come as you are. Ardent Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Ardent embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.