Staff R&D Electrical Engineer - Medical Devices
Stryker (United States)Full time c c++ java
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
c, c++, java
Who We Want
Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
What You Will Do
As a Staff R&D Electrical Design Engineer, you will perform a wide variety of technical work in planning and design of embedded hardware, electronic circuits, and PCB’s for instrumentation that is used by Orthopedic Surgeons to allow them to plan and perform their procedures. You will be a key contributor to the electrical hardware development process of embedded medical devices that supports our computer assisted and robotic product lines.
- You will independently design and develop electrical components and sub-systems for medical devices.
- You will develop and apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- You will conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- You will conduct advanced problem solving, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system requirements.
- You will conduct and design research and studies to support advanced product design.
- You will translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications, and produce advanced component and sub-system level designs.
- You will analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
- You will contribute to product development from concept through release.
- You will deliver high quality results with passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build partnership to achieve business objectives.
What You Need (Required)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in EE or related discipline
- 4+ years of related work experience.
What You Need (highly preferred):
- Advanced understanding of electrical components and manufacturing methods including common failure modes
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and test electrical designs
- Working knowledge of the electrical design process
- Proficiency in the use of CAD and/or other circuit design and analysis tools to design
- Ability to interpret and analyze system drawings with basic Mechanical/Software/Electrical Interactions
- Knowledge of sub-system, system, and environmental interactions and how to design to them
- Understanding the advanced theory and methods of PCB and Circuit Design and the ability to apply them independently.
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, or a similar language