Securities and Real Estate Attorney
Realty MogulFull time
Securities & Real Estate Attorney
Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it for 7 years and have backed more than 70 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $600 Million in capital invested into over $2.8 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional and experienced attorney to help grow our business. Your role will be to draft, review and negotiate legal agreements, offering materials and related documentation for single asset syndications and investments sourced for our family of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). Your impact will be immediate and critical to successfully scaling RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate legal agreements, offering materials, and related documentation for real estate transactions participating as either a GP or LP.
- QC operating agreements, private placement memorandum and RealtyMogul content for consistency and adherence to regulations and corporate standards.
- Write disclosures and risk factors pertinent to specific deals.
- Review offering and advertising material to ensure compliance with applicable securities laws and regulations.
- Prepare and file, initial and ongoing, federal and state securities filings.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate processes, policies, and programs including innovate tech products to grow our user base and fulfill our mission.
Who You Are:
- 6-10+ years of securities/private equity real estate experience
- Deep understanding of securities law including Investment Company Act and Registered Investment Advisor rules and regulations.
- Substantial experience negotiating joint venture equity documents.
- Professionally persistent and have grace and composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where iteration and a fast pace is the norm
- Long term desire to be part of an innovative and growing company where you can make a difference and be a stockholder.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.