Staff Electrical Engineer - Medical Devices
Stryker (United States)Full time eda
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
If you are a results-driven individual looking to make a difference in healthcare, consider why we may be right for you…
It’s Time to Join Stryker!
Stryker is a renowned medical device company known for exceptional quality, world-class innovation and industry leading growth. The culture at Stryker has been continuously evolving to provide employees with the best atmosphere for work and balance in professional and personal pursuits. Stryker has received many workplace awards including:
- #8 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in the U.S.
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work and Highest Rated CEOs
- LinkedIn Top Companies
- Great Place to Work
- Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Best Workplaces for Diversity
Stryker Instruments has just completed building a state-of-the-art headquarters to further expand on investments in facility offerings for its workforce. The building is an incredible blend of architecture and functional design, integrating the business units to promote employee engagement and open the doors to innovation and collaboration. The complex is immersed with technology and best-in-class tools and office equipment.
Strategically located amongst a trio of metropolitan hubs, Stryker Instruments is located in Portage, Michigan which is approximately 40 minutes from Grand Rapids, 2 hours from Detroit, and 2.5 hours from Chicago.
The Product Engineering department of Stryker’s Instruments division is seeking a senior level Electrical Engineer. We search for the best engineers and teammates to join our highly talented teams. As a strengths-based organization, we are extremely passionate about cultural fit and giving individuals the opportunity to apply their strengths in their work. In this role, you have the accountability and autonomy to deliver against clear expectations.
What You Will Do
- You will independently design and develop electrical components and sub-systems for medical devices.
- You will develop and apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- You will conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- You will conduct advanced problem solving, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system requirements.
- You will conduct and design research and studies to support advanced product design.
- You will analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
- You will independently balance design tradeoffs while designing a component of the system.
- You will handle multiple project streams in a fast-paced and collaborative setting.
- You will work with Product Development, Production, and Contract Manufacturers on a regular basis
What You Need
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, or related) OR 2+ years of experience with Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, or related)
- Experience with schematic and layout EDA software (Allegro, OrCad, Gerbers, DFM, or similar)
- Ability to review datasheets for critical design specifications and effectively edit technical documentation
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience with PLC design for input/output modules including but not limited to sensors, switches, meters, relays, valves and drives
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Creativity and resourcefulness when faced with unforeseen challenges
- Self-starter and curious-minded, able to dig in and find the resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Well-spoken, with the ability to articulate precisely and succinctly in correspondence with business units, vendors, and manufacturing
What We Can Provide
A great atmosphere for learning and continuous development in technical competencies
Internal career flexibility to guide your career in the direction of your choosing
The best in technology and design equipment, software, and tools
Competitive pay, generous retirement matching, discretionary and performance bonuses
Why Stryker? “It’s the people.” That’s the answer you’ll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.
Come join our team at Stryker in Kalamazoo/Portage!