Writing Community Manager
Scribe MediaPart time
We call this role “Writing Community Manager,” but it's so much more than just hanging out in Facebook Groups.
At its core, this role supports our clients and helps guide and support them on their path to becoming a published author by being on the front lines and being as resourceful as possible for them.
A deep understanding of Facebook Groups and a strong background in nonfiction writing is key, as is having impeccable attention to detail, and a positive, optimistic “can do” attitude.
Here's How it Works:
- A new client signs on for one of our book coaching programs that includes an online accountability and support group.
- You will onboard them and ensure they have access to the proper group, resources, calendar invites to the group calls, and other required onboarding materials.
- You will continue to engage with all group members to deliver on what we promised them: support, encouragement, guidance and accountability in writing and publishing their book.
- You'll also host our online workshops and author support calls (all on Zoom), managing tech, taking notes, and providing resources as needed.
There are two major responsibilities in this role. They are different, but are equally critical to the success of the person that assumes this role:
You'll engage with Authors daily in the following ways:
- Manage and moderate all of our growing Facebook Group-based social communities and be the primary point-of-contact for all potential and current authors in our Groups.
- Be focused on nurturing our existing communities rather than focused on pushing for sales growth.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Scribe, and work on developing our communities by participating in discussions, answering questions, and offering writing advice and support to our Authors.
You'll also coordinate our Author workshops:
- Coordinate everything that is required to set up and run our online workshops, webinars, Q&A calls, etc. on Zoom.
- Support the workshop coaches and the authors attending the workshop.
- Manage and coordinate the sending of all workshop-related emails and communications, and provide email support to workshop attendees
- Organize, package, and send workshop materials to participants
- Rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated technical issues independently, even with little initial information.
You'll work collaboratively with our Head of Book Coaching, Head of Marketing, our Senior Editors and Scribe Co-Founder, Tucker Max to support our book coaching programs to ensure we are providing a world-class community for aspiring authors.
But before you get all excited and start applying, understand one very important thing:
This job is no joke.
Expect to work hard and apply impeccable attention to detail in everything you do. This role is for someone who takes providing world-class customer service seriously, and wants to genuinely help people bring their ideas to the world via their book.
If that describes you, come get it.
We're Scribe Media, and our mission is to help everyone on earth write, publish and market their book.
The problem is that writing and publishing books are, for most people, a painful and difficult process, loaded with uncertainty and aggravation. Our goal is to make it as simple as possible, so that as many people as possible can do it.
We have multiple ways we help people do this. We can edit and publish an already written manuscript (Scribe Publishing), or we can help people write their book using a structured process with our guidance (Scribe Guided Author), or we can do a structured interview process that gets the book out of them in their words and their voice (Scribe Professional).
And if you can't afford our services, that's fine. We give away all of our information for free. Seriously, it's called Scribe Book School, and it's better than any paid course on the internet.
You can see some press about us here.
And you can see some of the books we've already published here.
Our company was started because a frustrated entrepreneur wanted to put all of her incredible knowledge and ideas into a book, but didn't have the time to write it or the patience to deal with the frustrating publishing process. So we solved her problem. The origin story is here.
Her book became an amazing success, and we realized the world was full of these people--smart people who should write a book, but don't, because the process is so painful.
These people want to write books, but don't have the time or desire to do it the old way, and that's why Scribe exists: we help people turn their ideas into books that both cement their legacy and impact the world.
Our process has worked for over 1500 authors in six years, and we're growing fast. Our ultimate goal is to help everyone on earth write and publish a book.
If we do that, we'll help create many thousands of books that would never have otherwise existed, changing the lives of millions of people. That's really exciting to us.
But if you really want to see why we do this...just watch this video of an author we worked with, Philip McKernan.
We're not going to try to pitch you a load of corporate doublespeak bullshit about how great we are. Instead, we'll just show you proof.
These are all real tribe members, speaking openly and honestly about all aspects of what it's like to be part of this tribe:
You can also watch The Power of Vulnerability at Work, for an excellent glimpse into how much we care about each other as people, and how we approach our relationships.
You can see a bunch more videos here, on our YouTube Channel.
This is the operating system for our tribe: The Scribe Culture Bible.
We are consistently ranked the #1 Best Place To Work in Austin.
Also, Entrepreneur Magazine said we have the #1 company culture in America.
- Preferably, Austin, TX, but we will consider remote
Type of Employment
- We estimate 20 hours of work most weeks, bumping up to 29 hours on weeks with workshops, which run roughly once per month.
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this career.
- Must REALLY LOVE helping people as they write their books.
- Must enjoy engaging with people in an outgoing and charismatic way, especially in written form.
- At minimum, have a writing background, or have some experience writing non-fiction pieces (bonus points for knowledge of book writing and publishing books).
- Impeccable attention to detail and able to follow a precise process. This is so important that in the question that asks you “what is your favorite animal” we want you to answer with “attention to detail is my middle name.” Seriously, we can't stress this enough.
- Be highly customer-service centric and focused on providing world-class service.
- Familiar with how Facebook Groups work and generally comfortable working with technology (like Zoom) and troubleshooting tech issues when they arise.
- Competitive Pay: $30 per hour
- Be Part of a Tribe: We see ourselves as a tribe of people who are working hard together to accomplish a specific mission (help everyone on earth write, publish and market their book), in service of a larger purpose (help people share their story and leave a legacy of impact on others). We also have a pretty cool set of principles that we live by as a tribe, you should check it out, because this is the operating system for our tribe.
- Freedom: You can work from anywhere—we don't care. We only care that you have reliable phone and internet connections and that you do your job well. Though definite bonus points if you are located in Austin, TX.
- Fun & Fast-Paced Work: We don't have boring days. Some are hectic, some are hard, some are incredibly rewarding...but they are never boring and never exactly the same. That's what happens when you're solving real problems for people.
- Work with Interesting People: Past authors include major company CEOs, famous entrepreneurs, professional athletes, and people with amazing personal stories.
At Scribe, we don't just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Scribe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our tribe.
Everyone has a story to share. Our CEO, JeVon “JT McCormick”, is just one Tribe Member example.
Complete the application by clicking on the "Apply To Position" button. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
You can expect to hear back from us either way within 15 business days. To make sure we're able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don't hear back from us by then.
Please, no phone calls. Due to the number of applicants we typically receive for our career openings, we are not able to do phone interviews until later stages of the hiring process. All applicants must submit an application through our portal. Scribe will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Note: If you're on an external job site, we encourage you to apply directly from our career portal at https://scribe.breezy.hr/
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.