Content Writer, Patient-Focused
Clara HealthFull time
Freelance Content Writer (Patient-Focused)
Healthcare can be faceless and overwhelming. But, a wave of patient-centered technology and services have begun to transform the way healthcare is accessed, distributed, and discovered.
At Clara, we’re doing our part by building a platform that combines leading-edge technology and an empathetic patient focus, making it simple and approachable for patients and caregivers to find and connect to clinical trials that fit them best.
In democratizing access to clinical trials for all patients from all backgrounds – while also helping research teams more efficiently reach out to and engage with the patients that they need to participate in their trials – we believe we can help make healthcare more diverse, open, and welcoming.
If you want to work with driven teammates to help break down the barriers that exist in today’s healthcare landscape, and if you want to work on difficult, meaningful problems that millions are waiting for solutions to, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our team and work cross functionally to support our thought leadership initiatives. You will collaborate with our team to deliver high-quality, well-organized thought-leadership and technical content in a range of formats including but not limited to blog posts, interviews, and knowledge base articles.
Responsibilities include interviewing patients about their healthcare journey, conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication. You’ll work with team members to plan, write, and edit various types of content—from individual patient stories to consolidated patient feedback from focus groups.
The ideal candidate is an expert storyteller who loves to turn complex ideas into clear, informative, and entertaining prose. If you’re passionate about creating content that breaks down the barriers that exist in today’s healthcare landscape, we would love to talk to you.
This role is a remote freelance role, and you can be based anywhere in the U.S. Writers choose how many assignments they take on each month.
- Drafting compelling, clear, concise, and accurate public-facing content and materials that align with Clara’s content strategy (blogs, eBooks, guides, white papers, patient stories, and how-tos)
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Interviewing patients and conducting research to develop relevant and useful content
- Collaborating with the team to facilitate focus group interviews with patients and create reports to gather feedback around various topics in clinical trials
- Reviewing and proofreading material for content, style, and compliance with internal and external standards
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- A demonstrated interest in, and commitment to, patient advocacy
- Existing portfolio of written content pieces
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
Nice to Haves
- Past work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Familiarity with SEO best practices to maximize your copy’s reach
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Working knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem particularly surrounding the drug development process and clinical trials
- Experience interfacing with patient and caregiver populations
Please feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Clara Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.