Senior Paralegal – Corporate
Title: Senior Paralegal, Corporate
- Location: US National or Canada (except Quebec)
- Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking a talented and experienced corporate paralegal to be responsible for providing high-level legal support to Affirm’s corporate legal team. This individual will coordinate and complete time-sensitive and confidential work in a broad range of areas, including equity plan administration, SEC reporting and compliance, transfer agent matters, corporate governance and other aspects of the corporate secretary function. You will report to the Director, Managing Counsel of the corporate legal team and will work with Affirmers across the company. We are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What You’ll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the administration of Affirm’s stock-based compensation program
- Preparing and filing Section 16 reports and assisting with other SEC filings
- Assisting with managing insider trading compliance, reviewing and managing 10b5-1 plans, and supporting other equity-related matters
- Coordinating stock-related matters with Affirm’s transfer agent
- Supporting the corporate secretarial function, including drafting minutes, resolutions and written consents and maintaining corporate minute books and other corporate records
- Working with other team members on corporate governance matters
- Overseeing compliance with Affirm’s stock ownership guidelines for directors and officers
- Providing support for strategic transactions
- Designing, implementing and participating in projects and activities which support the growth of Affirm from a legal and equity program perspective
What We Look For
- 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company
- Previous experience with Section 16 reporting and compliance is required
- Previous experience managing equity plans is required
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Careful attention to detail and strong quality of work product
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality
- Proactive, enthusiastic and innovative team player with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, who is capable of learning on the job, taking initiative, developing new approaches when there are no precedents, and thriving within a team
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.