Senior Data Scientist
Argo GroupFull time
Title: Senior Data Scientist
- Location: United States
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best solutions.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Data Scientist to deliver impactful insights to teams across the business. Working closely with the Director of Data Science and Analytics, the Senior Data Scientist will develop models to solve business problems and create value. This individual will have the opportunity to inspire and mentor additional members of the team in all things data-related. A successful candidate will be technically strong, has insurance industry experience, proficient in communicating results to a range of audiences, and excited to share their knowledge with other team members. This Data Scientist will ideally be based in our any of our US offices or remote.
- Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Performs analysis of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business problems.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects including data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Train and test machine learning models for a variety of problems.
- Conduct A/B experiments to validate the effectiveness of the models.
- Be involved in all aspects of the projects including presenting results to the Executives with Director of Data Science & Analytics.
- Identify opportunities to apply Data Science and machine learning towards unaddressed business problems, or to improve existing aspects of our data science infrastructure.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree, Masters/Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years of experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques
- 3+ years of experience developing machine learning models and deploying them in production
- 3+ years delivering analytical insights to stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in insurance industry
- Deep understanding of statistics, experimental design, and machine learning algorithms
- Commitment to using best practices in Data Science
- Strong programming skills in Python and pySpark
- Strong SQL skills, experience with AWS Services
- Excited to share knowledge and mentor other members of the team
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
How We Work – Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K, generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training “Top 125” Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 150%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.