VP, Product Design
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Head of Design to lead the 30 person design organization that spans all product areas. The person we seek is an inspirational, experienced organizational leader who is skilled in driving strategy through execution, and passionate about building exceptional product experiences that will advance InVision’s growing business. InVision is one of the largest fully remote companies in the world with over 600 employees in more than 20 countries. This is an important and exciting moment to join InVision.
About the Team:
InVision’s VP of Design will lead the 30-person design organization across all product areas. This person will be central to driving product vision, strategy and execution, directly managing 5+ Design leaders, guiding the work and building collaborative and creative processes that enable exceptional execution.
What You'll Do:
- Set design vision, practices and goals, and oversee detail-driven execution.
- Be a strategic partner to the CPO, CTO, and Product Leaders to guide product and company strategy overall.
- Lead and develop a team of design leaders and designers across the globe.
- Guide the team towards exceptional experience design.
- Align design resources to company goals and product initiatives.
- Create an organizational structure and processes that drive business impact.
What You'll Bring:
- 15+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary design teams of high revenue and impactful products.
- Exceptional product and brand design vision, and a strong belief in InVision’s Principles and Mission.
- A collaborative mindset and approach to problem-solving.
- Cross-functional leadership – you've fostered trusted relationships across complex organizations.
- Building teams and culture – you've helped scale design practices and have led growing design cultures.
- Masterful communication – you're able to effectively communicate ideas and their business impact.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a co-ownership mindset.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a geographically distributed organization.
- A humble spirit with gigantic ambition!
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or military status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.