Digital Organizer and Benefits Manager
National Domestic Workers Alliance - NDWAFull time
NDWA Labs, Digital Organizer & Benefits Manager, La Alianza
- Term: 12 month position, with possible extension
- Reports to: Product Lead, La Alianza
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Location: Remote (within United States)
- Start Date: Open until filled
What You’ll Do
The Digital Organizer & Benefits Manager is a new position to accelerate the growth and impact of NDWA Labs’ chatbot, La Alianza, through building stronger connections with our domestic worker subscribers. You will be Alianza subscribers’ main point of contact for questions around our content, benefits offerings and campaigns, and the face of La Alianza in our digital media channels. You will also be the key researcher and experimenter on our small chatbot team.
This is a unique position that asks you to listen deeply to individual workers, support them with resources and information, and then to think about how you can transform 1:1 support into scaleable content that can reach hundreds of thousands. You will move fluidly between these two modes — responding to individuals, and running experiments.
Specific responsibilities include: moderating, analyzing and responding to comments and other direct communications from individual workers; creating content (chatbot flows, social media posts, news articles, videos); conducting user research; and sourcing and researching benefits and resources before and after we distribute them to workers to ensure the quality of what we offer. You will be a main point of contact with benefits provider partners.
You should be ready to design and implement experiments, and analyze and share results. This may include experimenting with new channels (e.g. Instagram, TikTok); online to offline experiences; and expanded populations of domestic workers (e.g. gig workers, English-speaking domestic workers). You will implement experiments designed by fellow team members as well as ones you design directly.
Your immediate colleagues on the chatbot team will include an Economist in Residence who leads research via the chatbot and a Senior Marketing Director/Chatbot Manager responsible for overall growth and engagement, as well as technical management, of the chatbot.
Skills and Experience We’re After
- Spanish/English bilingual. You can write quickly in Spanish, producing copy that is culturally fluent and engaging to our base and that also meets the journalistic publishing standards of our news organization.
- Strong communicator, with expertise in at least one of the following: community or labor organizing, user research, newswriting, video production, digital marketing
- At least 3 years of full-time, relevant work experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and measurable results
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables as part of a fast-paced, remote team
- Connection to the experiences of domestic workers and Spanish-speaking immigrant communities
- A strong commitment to NDWA Labs/NDWA mission and vision
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with case management or government benefits access
- Experience with lean and agile methodologies and/or with small, early-stage teams
We Can Offer
- This is a position with a one-year term with the possibility of conversion into a permanent position
- The annual salary range for this position is $70,000 – 90,000, dependent on experience.
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefit coverage included for employee and immediate family members.
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer VISA sponsorship for this position at this time.
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid, for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry.
Our first product, Alia Benefits, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In 2020 we partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by COVID-19. Our La Alianza chatbot is a groundbreaking research tool, paving the way for inclusive economic indicators, as well as a popular media offering and promising benefits distribution tool.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color. Due to the COVID crisis, there is a surge of interest in models that expand the safety net to ensure a fair future of work for everyone. You will be a leader within a team that reinvents and expands the safety net to millions of workers who have never had access to one.
You can read more about the Alianza chatbot’s research in Bloomberg News and Telemundo; about Alia in Fast Company and NPR; and more about the domestic worker movement in the New York Times.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.