Azure Platform Engineer
TessianFull time azure amazon-web-services kubernetes terraform docker
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Security Software
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: VC Funded
azure, amazon-web-services, kubernetes, terraform, docker
Job descriptionThe Platform Team at Tessian
Read more about Engineering at Tessian:https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/tessian
We're looking for an experienced SRE or “DevOps” Engineer for the Platform Team at Tessian. The Platform Team is responsible for defining and operating the infrastructure upon which our development teams and customers depend.
Why is this role exciting:
- We have plans for fast growth in terms of customer numbers and our Engineering team.
- We have an ambitious product vision and a strong team determined to execute on it.
- We solve hard problems - scale, big data (Spark/EMR), security, large databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB) and complex integrations.
- Your work will have a direct impact on the platform and our customers.
What are our current and upcoming projects:
- A greenfield Azure deployment of Kubernetes - We’re looking to build an Azure platform for some of our services with a focus on Security, Engineering Velocity, Observability with Kubernetes.
- Bolstering our security and deployments for Enterprise - We intend to close more enterprise deals and have a plan to do it. A key project we plan to start will be creating a deployment method that allows us to maintain developer velocity whilst also giving reassurances to security conscious customers.
- Keeping the lights on as we scale to bigger customers - A crucial part of this role is to ensure that our systems remain reliable and working with engineering teams to drive quality and solve problems.
- Expanding and scaling our AWS infrastructure - As we grow, so does our infrastructure. You will get involved with helping design, implement and run it.
What will your responsibilities be:
- Design reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Enable developers to ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has at least 5 years of Azure and “DevOps” experience. If you’ve also had some experience with AWS that’s great.
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work.
- Enjoys working with and mentoring others in their area of expertise
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored.
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available Azure environment.
- Has experience with and is opinionated about containerization (Docker) and a container orchestration system (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Has experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations.
- Experience with AWS or willingness to learn on the job.
- Some experience with Linux is preferable
- Programming knowledge, preferably Python/Golang/.NET.
Why we think you'll love it here....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.