Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions, continually raising our bar for quality
- Designing consistent experiences across all of our touch points: marketing website, digital campaigns, educational content, emails, physical goods, video, events, and more
- Continue to build and evolve our illustration style and library
- Execute projects across their entire lifecycle — plan, iterate, and deliver
- Strong foundation in design fundamentals, including a deep understanding of typography, layout, color, and ability to apply these principles across a variety of media
- Experience and interest in creating digital illustrations and simple animations
- 3+ years of experience working with in-house Design teams at fast-growing companies
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, including explaining your work, process, decisions, and actively seeking out feedback.
- Strong ability to manage your own time while working on multiple projects and ask for clarity when needed
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve your workflow and are up-to-date on the latest design tools
- Actively pay attention to trends in the community and have opinions on the future of design
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, a health care FSA, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, and a monthly wellness and internet stipend.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.