Ecommerce Project Manager
Shero CommerceFull time
Shero Commerce is a digital eCommerce agency founded in 2010. Our goal is to be a one-stop shop for established mid-size to large eCommerce retailers. We deliver the expertise and insight they need to build phenomenal shopping experiences and long-lasting customer loyalty.
We want to be seen as a whole-business partner who (1) truly understands our clients’ needs, brands, and goals, and (2) can power their success through innovative technology and strategy. We primarily focus on the Magento, BigCommerce, and Shopify platforms, but we’re flexible with the tech because the needs of our clients always come first.
As a Shero Project Manager, you’ll be the relationship manager, business advisor, and project pilot for our ecommerce clients. Your primary role will be to guide our clients and production team through the entire web development project lifecycle.
Success in this position will require you to understand what your clients value, and then constantly mine for ways Shero can provide that value. You’ll need to gain a thorough understanding of your clients’ business practices, technical systems, strengths, pain points, challenges, and goals. Then you’ll use your technical expertise to orchestrate our team through effective, practical solutions to meet (and exceed!) client goals. This will require close collaboration with many people, so you must excel at quickly building rapport among a group in a way that unites everyone. You’ve got to be awesome at creating and maintaining a positive, mutually beneficial atmosphere among a wide variety of personalities.
We work primarily with Magento and BigCommerce, so your success will require technical understanding of those platforms, as well as exceptional communication and cat-herding skills. If you’re the right fit for this position, you’ve long ago mastered how to balance tactful and professional communication with a “Get $^# done!” attitude. You understand how critical it is to zoom out to see the big picture, and then to zoom in, so you can map out what needs to happen to keep a project moving. Clarity is your holy grail and deadlines are your friend. You get genuine satisfaction in seeing people and plans come together.
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position. Shero HQ is in Poughkeepsie, NY, but all US team members work 100% remotely on a permanent basis. We regret that we aren’t able to provide sponsorship for work visas at this time.
- Develop a deep understanding of your clients' values, goals, and business. Collaborate with clients and Shero team members to identify, develop, and execute development projects that support those clients.
- Advise your clients on solutions for technical performance and ecommerce strategy.
- Carefully set and manage client expectations.
- Lead client meetings and facilitate communication.
- Represent your clients and the Project Management team in formal internal meetings and informal team discussions.
Project Execution & Communication
- Orchestrate the Shero team, client teams, and any third parties to complete the entire project lifecycle, on time and within budget. Coordinate each phase of the project:
- Defining Objectives & Priorities
- Project Planning
- Post-launch support
- Organize and lead through multiple project timelines simultaneously.
- Make sure each project budget is planned, spent, and tracked appropriately and effectively. Monitor billable time spent by all project team members.
- Work closely with key Shero teams—Finance, Development, Project Management, and Leadership—to keep capacity reports, production schedules, budgets, and projections up to date and accurate.
- Provide thorough, accurate, and up-to-date reports and documentation (internal and external) for all projects.
- Work closely with other Shero team members to organize production tasks and manage team resources.
- Monitor for risks, schedule delays, and other unexpected speed bumps and roadblocks. Navigate through challenges while keeping your clients and team members tactfully informed.
- Manage around the basics—deadlines, milestones, and priorities—with vigor and precision
- Coordinate and document Post Project Reviews. Extract lessons learned and work with Shero team members to apply that knowledge in practical ways.
- Consult with the Ops & Sales Team regarding prospective projects and participate in team Statement of Work review
Personal & Company Growth
- Create simple and effective internal processes and documentation; always streamline and improve the process.
- Actively build mutually beneficial relationships within the eCommerce, tech, and other relevant industries.
- Keep up to date on ecommerce trends and opportunities.
- Grow your skills through certifications and other proactive learning efforts. Keep your career goals in mind and actively pursue them.
- Contribute to the Shero blog.
- Promote Shero culture, values, and goals.
- A deep level of care about the quality of your work and how it reflects on your character
- Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail
- A drive to coordinate and facilitate healthy, disciplined teamwork in a remote-first team environment
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural differences and communication styles
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), tact, and professional vulnerability.
- A natural tendency to be proactive and take the lead in solving problems as you find them
- Humor and professional self-confidence
- A hunger for personal and professional growth
- Proficiency with Mac & Google Apps
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing development projects; at least 1 year in ecommerce, preferably with ecommerce platforms like Magento and BigCommerce.
- Minimum 1 year experience working remotely on a full time basis.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, building and managing sprint plans, managing scope of work, assessing resources, budgeting, risk management, scheduling and estimating.
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects.
- Experience managing integrations with third-party software. (ERP, CMS, CRM, etc.)
- The heart of a people person and the head of a planner. You love connecting with people on a genuine level, and a well-built spreadsheet can make your day.
- A passion for problem-solving; a natural tendency to be proactive and thrive under pressure.
- World-class teamwork and communication skills—written, verbal, and listening. You can maintain a highly collaborative, positive team atmosphere. You aren’t afraid to tackle friction or tough conversations with both candor and tact.
- Technical proficiency with:
- Magento products, methodologies, and best practices
- Jira & Confluence
- Google Suite
- Mac OSX
- A practical understanding of:
- The retail industry
- B2C and B2B eCommerce business operations
- POS, ERP, & Order Fulfillment
- SEO & SEM best practices
- PMI PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Magento Solutions Specialist certification
- Agency experience
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) at least 50% of the time
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to coordinate, lead, and communicate accurately and clearly via email, videoconference, and phone calls
- Must be able to detect, recognize, and assess flaws, color issues, bugs, and changes on websites
- Must be able to provide feedback on design layout and functionalities
- Must be able to work in harmony with a wide variety of business approaches, personalities, and philosophies
- Must be available for client communication during typical US business hours, and occasionally manage resolutions for client technical emergencies outside typical business hours
Shero is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to keeping our hiring experience and work environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
No Shero employee will discriminate against an applicant for employment or a fellow employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability or neurodiversity, marital or family status, or military or veteran status. Shero complies with all local, state, and Federal laws regarding hiring and employment. We provide Reasonable Accommodations for hiring and employment, in compliance with the ADA, ADAA, EEOC, and other employment laws
Eligible after 90 Days:
- UnitedHealthcare Medical for employees and eligible family members; 50% paid by Shero
- Lincoln Financial Dental for employees and eligible family members; 50% paid by Shero
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Holidays, with options for floating religious holidays
Eligible after 1 year:
- 401(k) with up to 4% matching contributions
- Additional Paid Vacation Days
- Mac equipment
- Remote-first company culture with flexible work hours
- Emphasis on professional growth, including paid certifications
- Multicultural team atmosphere, with an emphasis on including and supporting diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
Please Note: We regret that we aren’t able to provide sponsorship for work visas at this time.