Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and a team culture that gives you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly-motivated Associate Accountant, who will be responsible for preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements. This person will also assist in managing Accounts Payable and bookkeeping, annual audits and tax returns, and other required financial reporting. The Associate Accountant will report to our Controller.
This is an ideal position for an experienced, highly motivated accountant who will contribute towards the monthly financial close process and contribute insights on our financial performance. Experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm a plus; strong quantitative skills are a must. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment and has strong accounting skills to produce monthly reports and help us prioritize and manage expenses across the organization.
- Manage Accounts Payable entry, reconciliation, and resolutions, including preparation of weekly payment runs
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documents according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures
- Complete account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Research and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies
- Assist in the development and improvement of accounting processes
- Monitor and preparing supporting documents for tax payments, business licenses and corporate fees
- Assist in financial audit by developing/maintaining financial databases and updating supporting workpapers for audit purposes
- Assist with bookkeeping and maintenance of important financial records
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Accounting/Finance, preferably Audit or Accounting team of a media/tech or ecommerce start-up
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); prior experience working with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Expert using Microsoft Excel with proven financial modeling skills
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- CPA candidate preferred; Ecommerce or marketplace business experience a plus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary:
- Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position. What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a Basic Living Wage threshold and holds its own $50k Minimum Wage Standard for entry level positions
- True Opportunity for Growth –
- we don’t believe in time served or waiting for your manager to get promoted or leave. Carve out your own path, at your pace – there’s room at the top for all of us
- Individual and Team bonuses,
- Based on performance
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Several options for Company Paid Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Plans. Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals – great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families
- Wealth Benefits:
- 401k option and Equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- We coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance.
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program
- A combination of set and floating Company Holidays – so you can choose the days most meaningful to you
- Designated Paid time off to serve (Jury Duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities –
- Grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you – all on Company time
- Paid Parental Leave –
- For Moms, Dads and everything in between
- Remote Friendly Office –
- Work from the place that best works for you
- Flexible Working Hours –
- Night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, Product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too
- We are constantly finding news ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.