Principal, Marketing Operations
Principal, Marketing Operations (RevOps)
- Remote, United States
Hi, I’m Megan Ross Farrell, Senior Director of Marketing and Sales Operations part of the Revenue Operations Department at Puppet.
I am looking for a Principal, Marketing Operations focused on end-to-end marketing optimization that will partner closely with myself, our head of Revenue Operations, our CMO and marketing leadership, sales leadership, and marketing program owners as we refine, advance, and improve our account-based marketing motions.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with a performance marketing background who thinks creatively and analytically to drive growth.
Your background and how you’ll contribute
You are very comfortable working with data and systems to provide insights, reporting, and recommendations to support optimized demand marketing, opportunity conversions and revenue target achievement.
As Marketing Operations Principal you will be focused on end-to-end marketing optimization — model creation and maintenance, campaign reporting, lead attribution and influence, proper marketing to sales handoffs, martech stack direction, engagement metrics, etc. All the while increasing efficiency and driving consistent results for the Marketing Department.
- Expert knowledge of prospect and customer lifecycle, account-based marketing orchestration and measurement, lead routing, marketing campaigns, and automation tools (Marketo, SFDC, Full Circle, a BI tool like Looker, etc.)
- Experience and a thorough understanding of B2B software go-to-market motions; especially with marketing and sales.
- Deep experience developing custom reporting frameworks to incorporate new data inputs and calculated metrics.
- Experience building and maintaining a marketing analytics framework and a regular cadence of reporting to demonstrate marketing’s impact on bookings, and to provide insight for future program optimization.
- Experience implementing and managing marketing automation technologies including nurture flows, lead scoring, email marketing, and reporting and analysis.
- Work across the marketing organization to test, report, recommend change and optimize demand creation strategies including campaigns, web, email nurturing, social media, events and content.
- Understanding of industry benchmarks for demand generation activities, performance and investment against industry best practices to provide recommendations and roadmap for improvements.
- Support of ad-hoc requests to provide stakeholders with actionable insight into marketing activity results.
Valuable experiences and skills you’ll bring to Puppet
You will be responsible for gathering data related to marketing activities by working across Marketing and Revenue Operations to optimize strategies to ensure programs deliver results for the business.
- 7+ years of marketing operations and automation experience.
- 3-5 years marketing experience in a high growth technology environment, ideally B2B.
- Demonstrated understanding of ABM and integrated marketing practices and measurement.
- Marketo and SFDC power-user.
- Advanced experience in data modeling and database configuration.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Intermediate experience using data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- Collaborative team player, comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholder.
- Strong strategic, analytical, project management and communication (oral and written) skills.
Bonus (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- Experience with other GTM operations areas like sales, partner, channel, customer success
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Marketo Certified Expert
- Previous experience as a marketer
Preferred but not required
- BA or BS degree
- A team player—you understand the power of collaboration and do it often in order to understand the customers’ needs.
- Accountable — Identifies team’s risk areas & mitigates them – does team retrospectives
- You have the ability to connect with people and know the importance of partnering across the organization.
- An entrepreneurial-minded spirit—you are always thinking about what you would do in your role if Puppet was your company and are always looking for ways to create efficiencies and great experiences.
- Resilient—you listen to your customers’ needs and do your best to translate requests into actionable data insights. It may take a couple reiterations and conversations but that is ok with you.
- Inclusive—you are open minded and actively engages in the Puppet community.
- You search out diversity of thought and experience.
- You encourage new ideas in order to deliver the best employee experience.
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
In addition to your resumes, please submit a cover letter explaining, in your own words, why you are a good fit for this role. Please submit both in .pdf format.
- Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.