ReCharge PaymentsFull time
- Santa Monica, CA or Remote
We are looking for a brilliant, experienced Corporate Counsel as the first in-house member of ReCharge’s legal team. As our Corporate Counsel, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for providing and coordinating exemplary legal service at ReCharge, a fast-paced, growing e-commerce business. You should be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to help drive business outcomes.
- Provide legal advice to the senior leadership team on a broad range of legal topics, including but not limited to the following:
- Employment matters.
- International, GDPR compliance, and privacy laws.
- Corporate governance matters, including general Board and shareholder matters and stock option issuances.
- Commercial contracts.
- Statutory and regulatory matters.
- Venture capital financings and M&A transactions.
- Assist in the operation and development of the policies and procedures for the company.
- Contribute to problem resolution by identifying, addressing, and escalating issues as they arise
- Partner with the sales and growth team to drive the company’s revenue generating process.
- Develop and manage internal and external business relationships.
- Analyze laws and regulations relevant to the various businesses, developing compliance programs and facilitating compliance audits.
What You’ll Bring
- JD from a top tier law school with excellent credentials
- Active member of CA State Bar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with at least 3+ years at a prominent law firm and 2+ years in-house at a large tech company
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills on financial/commercial transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management in various departments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and driven to do things right
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.