Lead UX Researcher
Two BullsFull time
At Two Bulls we look at the landscape of emerging technology and create innovative products that become tomorrow’s solutions. We are a band of roughly 100 people with offices in Australia and New York as well as fully remote employees.
We ship early and we ship often, believing that experiences are better off in the hands of real people than on a whiteboard. We develop strategy, design, and systems in-house as fully integrated teams. We work with companies big and small to solve problems across industries from health to games, building everything from mobile apps to Mixed Reality experiences.
Some of our most recent projects include: an equity based best of job search support site providing tailored tasks to steer job seekers towards applying for meaningful work, a wellness recommendation tool for pet owners, and creating a robust, modular, and evolving design system for a boutique financial institution.
Two Bulls is growing! We are currently seeking a Lead User Experience (UX) Researcher to work with our clients and drive product excellence.
You will help us drive our efforts to holistically integrate user research into our process. You will be the standard bearer, and proselytize the discipline both internally and externally. You are a keen collaborator and are able to explain your decisions and implications of those decisions.
You will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Strategy who leads the creative department. Additionally, you will work with Delivery, Engineering, and our clients to execute and communicate research findings to help create an optimal user experience
- You are a leader. You will own the discipline of research at Two Bulls. You will set the standards and processes to be followed by the research team.
- Research is your passion and you’re happy to share. You know everything about research and can educate our internal teams and clients about best practice.
- You make things better with research. Your toolkit is varied and wide with a good understanding of the appropriate qualitative and quantitative methods. You have a proven track record of enhancing products and services
- You lead by example and are autonomous. You are a self-starter who walks the walk. You frequently mentor and empower other team members, even if they’re not a researcher.
- You know your audience. You will collaborate with a variety of clients to define and and structure research activities that enable the product to be the best it can be.
- You are flexible and resourceful by nature. You understand clients often have restraints and are able to work around them to craft the right approach. You use what/who you have around you to test assumptions and deliver finding to product teams. You’ll work together with the creative team to translate findings to actual output.
- You are fearless. To you, failure is about learning and improving. You’ve leveraged your learnings to hone your instincts, which you use to your advantage today.
- You are a brilliant communicator. You clearly articulate your opinions and can explain complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. You can summarize and present results succinctly. You can communicate the implications of your findings and work to make sure that we take action on them.
- You get that design research is far broader than usability testing. You can use design research to inform larger design thinking, strategy, and execution
- You are familiar with agile. Most notably working in sprints and iterative delivery you also understand why things like agile and lean are necessary aspects of creating great products.
- You are a team player. Collaboration is something that comes naturally to you. You do not have an ego. You support an open, transparent, safe, and inclusive work environment where diversity is encouraged and valued.
- Above all, you’re great to be around.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in a related field
- 6+ years leading user research projects with demonstrated impact
- 2+ years experience managing a team and mentoring junior staff members
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research both qualitative and quantitative
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively
- Can scope your activities so they can be integrated into a larger project plan
Two Bulls will provide you with a small company work culture, big company clients, and the ability to work on cutting-edge projects. We nurture sustainable work practices and we strive to provide a positive, inclusive work environment. We have a fantastic crossover of people early in their career and seasoned professionals, young families and individuals.
- Busy life? We get it! Although we are all currently working from home due to Covid, we are always flexible with working hours and time off.
- A monthly Grubhub credit to keep you going.
- Monthly Wellness reimbursement to cover your mind and body.
- $250 to setup your remote workspace.
- Want to go to an event or learn something? We’ll pay for it.
- #birthdaysoff — treat yourself. You deserve it
Two Bulls embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.