Product Owner, PostgreSQL
Hiring from: Anywhere
The Product Owner for PostgreSQL is responsible for the inbound/technical product management efforts involving our PostgreSQL related Distributions and products. Working closely with engineering teams, the goal is to further product adoption and growth. The Product Owner is responsible for working with Outbound Product Managers and translating the product vision into user stories and use-cases that engineering can feasibly implement.
What You Will Do
- Create/maintain epics/stories and/or requirement documents (depending on the needs of the team)
- Own product release planning/delivery
- Identify technical trends in PostgreSQL and related database technologies
- Own relationship with existing customers and partners: care primarily for existing customers, work with development partners on feature requirements, drive ad-hoc features for specific customer cases (“NREs” for example) and be responsible for product capabilities and functionality
- Build a relationship with Outbound Product Management to ensure alignment of our tactical plans with the strategic vision
- Build Relationship to Engineering: work on new product releases/prioritization, help engineering with the creation of schedules, and associated planning documents. plan and drive Public Betas, monitor critical bugs, and own the product management relationship with engineering and project managers
- Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and its related technologies
- 5+ years of inbound/technical product management experience with enterprise IT software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business (as travel conditions permit)
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Very good verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without requiring authority to be given first, breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
- Jira and Confluence experience
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience working with Open Source Communities and various open source projects
- Having a track record of being an active member of the PostgreSQL community or other open source database communities
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Vice President - Product
Registry AllyFull time
Job Details Full Time Remote Opportunity Eating Disorder Treatment Company Competitive Salary + Equity Excellent Benefits Job Description As the Product VP, you are an experienced product leader who will be responsible for owning the company’s Product function, including product...
Hiring from: Anywhere
We're looking to add a creative and enthusiastic product manager with a passion for web site performance and WordPress. If you're excited about building bleeding edge technology in an ever-changing (and never boring) industry and you're looking for an inclusive...
Hiring from: Anywhere
Company Description Funded by a new generation of venture capital investors focused on driving ‘legacy’ societal progress just as much as business results, MTTR is kicking off as a new media brand aimed at making culture more conscious, and determined...
Hiring from: U.S. / Canada