Head of Project Management
About the team
383’s Project Management team plan, coordinate and deliver all of our closed sales opportunities, collaborating with our Product, Design and Engineering teams to execute digital projects to brief and on time.
They are responsible for planning resources, securing estimates, client communication and leading projects from the front to ensure both high quality and delivery to agreed scope. Comfortable in both agile and waterfall methodologies, the team is highly versatile, utilizing numerous software platforms and being responsible for revenue recognition and reporting to 383’s leadership team.
About the role
We're looking for a highly energetic, decisive and confident Head of Project Management to lead the outputs of our digital studio. Staying in close proximity to the demands of our commercial team, your role will be to mobilize our product, design and engineering teams to accurately scope, plan, budget and successfully navigate all projects through concept, design, prototype, development and implementation. As the creator, gatekeeper and iterator of all studio workflows and processes, you will be responsible for their adoption and ensuring that all programmes of work are managed ‘the 383 way.’ With a busy studio environment, you’ll need to be versatile enough to oversee multiple clients and projects simultaneously, making calls on priorities to guarantee our projects are delivered to the highest possible standard
You will be the studio’s rock, leaned on for direction in the tricky moments, while providing the framework to elevate our teams above their usual game, and leading our Project Managers to do the same. This is a chance to bring your experience into the heart of a busy agency environment, and make a statement.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the studio throughput from pre-sale to planning to delivery and deployment
- Plan and manage the studio team disciplines to ensure maximum studio utilization
- Forecast future studio resource requirements against the new business and existing client pipeline
- Coaching and managing the development of the digital project managers and delivery manager
- Identifying critical risks and issues and collaborating with the studio teams to successfully resolve, limiting business impact and maintaining our clients confidence
- Iterating and maturing our current studio workflows, and creating new ones - ensuring all relevant documentation and training is provided, and ultimately adhered to
- Make executive decisions on the priorities for the studio and ensure communication is heard loud and clear across the departments about where energies are required
- Plan and execute the support and processes for new service lines, working in tandem with the commercial team to execute delivery perfectly against future sales
- Producing content and opinion pieces related to your craft and experiences
- 5 years minimum experience in digital delivery
- Held a Head of Department position for a minimum of two years, inclusive of team level management and interfacing at board level
- Worked in a digital agency for an extensive period
- Qualified to practitioner level for Prince2 and PSM, with demonstrable experience of both on large scale programmes of work
- Led and successfully delivered multiple digital platforms
- Successfully built out numerous operational workflows to answer the demand of a busy digital business
- Expert level understanding of digital delivery and production approaches, complemented by strong technical knowhow
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and working with different project teams simultaneously
- Expert level on software including Jira, Confluence, SmartSheet, Synergist or other similar project management support tools
- Commercially focused, working closely with both Client Services and Sales team and able to speak with confidence and direction at client level
- Able to lead delivery teams confidently from the front, providing direction and arranging resources to support client and business objectives
- Mastery of forecasting headcount requirements and maximizing revenue potential in real time
- Can develop a team, identifying training and career objectives to support
- Natural ability to build strong relationships and influence others, at all levels of the business
- Ongoing commitment to continuous improvement and development of your operation and its influence on the company
- Confident in thought leadership and projecting a POV internally and externally
Calm - Solutions-focused in every scenario
Decisive - When a call needs to be made, you’ll make it
Optimist - You take glass half full every time
Rigour - You know the importance of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, and you make sure others do too
Trust - It’s a big deal for you to break it
We’d love it if you…
- Have been an agile coach in your previous roles
- Previously led on significant business transformation, via software, process or organizational design
- Worked in a start-up and corporate environment and can bring sensibilities from both with you
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er
- Personal training and development budget
- A great social scene including our legendary 383 weekender
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Benefit Budget to spend on whatever you would like to
- Flexible and Remote working, our studio is awesome, but that doesn’t mean you should be chained to your desk 9 to 5 every day. Work wherever you’re most comfortable.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!
383 has a policy of non-solicitation of employees from either active or prospective clients. We apologise to any applicants this impacts, but it is a necessary policy to protect our ongoing commercial interests.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.