Director of Engineering
Contrast SecurityFull time amazon-web-services cloud react-fullstack testing
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Cybersecurity, Enterprise Software, Security Software
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: VC Funded
amazon-web-services, cloud, react-fullstack, testing
Job descriptionContrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020”
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About The Position
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Director of Engineering and team builder to be a part of creating our world-class product and overseeing our platform leadership team. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. This person will continue to attract and retain talent for our engineering team and will provide the team with guidance in technologies, product feature definitions and architecture. You will utilize your in-depth systems applications and security knowledge in providing leadership to your various teams. This position will have high visibility to upper management. This role will have responsibilities to lead a team of 5-7 direct reports. Most of these reports manage teams that range from 4 to 9 engineers each. The team will continue to grow over time and with success in execution.
Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
- Lead and expand an organization of development managers, engineers and software development engineers in test
- Responsible for a global growing and retaining a team of highly-talented engineers involved in the product delivery life cycle
- Responsible for collaborating with the Engineering VP on opex and capex budget management
- Collaborate with internal Engineering leadership from Cloud, Full Stack, Integrations, UX, PMO and Tier-3 on release delivery and commitments
- Work side by side with Product Management on strategic road map items, as well as Customer Success to create an reliable, consistent, high-quality product experience
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- Ensure the timely completion of multiple complex, independent projects and provide technical direction in matrix environment
- Coordinate the testing and integration activities working with core engineering teams
- Experience on estimating project effort and scope for services
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions to meet scalability and growth targets, create prototypes, create and carry out phased development and deployment plans
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing startup, fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or an Engineering DisciplineExperience working with a US-based product and engineering organization
- Knowledge of Enterprise software implementation/deployment processes, security topics, performance and scalability
- Strong customer communication and leadership skillsProficient in at least one major object-oriented and modern web application scripting language
- Knowledge of Cloud / SaaS based infrastructure, using Amazon AWS, EC2, RDS, S3, etc
- Experience with data science and analytics, such as data mining, machine learning algorithms, anomaly detection, etc., is a plus
- Experience on estimating project effort and scope for services
- Understands and executes many of the prominent exercises around agile planning, development and process
- Self starter, proactive and must be able to be multitasking
- Excellent communication skills and experience to work with oversea headquarter engineering teams
- Proven experience managing and hiring a growing team
- Must be willing to travel to engineering headquarters and customers in the U.S. and abroad (not immediately)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation (base and equity)
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway. Please apply and include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.