Test Prep Teacher
The TutorverseFull time
Team up with The Tutorverse and help make a positive difference in the lives of students!
We're all about creating and delivering educational services and products that students need to succeed. We've got a lot planned and are looking for a self-starter to help us make it all happen!
Help students build confidence and achieve their goals, deliver our educational services, and enjoy Fortune 500-level benefits!
The Instructor & Operations Associate will be responsible for remotely teaching The Tutorverse curricula in both group and one-on-one settings (roughly 40% of total annual time). The Associate will also work closely with the Operations team to successfully administer weekday educational group and individual education programming (roughly 60% of total annual time). Reporting to the Education Operations Manager, the Associate will work closely with a team of administrators, teachers, teaching assistants, and program partners on day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate is an experienced educator who loves working with students, is eager to grow into an operational role in a bureaucracy-free organization, and thrives in a 100% remote work environment.
Compensation & Benefits
We take work seriously, but know that there's more to life than work. That's why we take a holistic approach to compensation and benefits.
- The salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications (starting at $50,000).
- Your health is priceless, which is why we are proud to offer Fortune 500-level medical, dental, and vision benefits. Choose insurance plans from among Aetna, Metlife, and many other healthcare leaders. Need coverage for a child or domestic partner? Want an FSA or HSA? We've got you covered (get it?).
- We want you to be your best self. That's why we invest in on-the-job professional development and training. That's why we give you paid time off to travel, read, or do whatever it takes for you to find yourself.
- You'll have access to other benefits, too, like pre-tax commuter savings plans!
Some of the Instructor & Content Developer's primary responsibilities are listed below:
- Implement Tutorverse test prep curricula (currently, for the SHSAT, ISEE, and SAT) online throughout the week and weekend.
- Ensure that classes (weekday afternoons and weekends) meet all educational, performance, and organizational goals.
- Provide one-on-one online tutoring to students in similar content areas.
- Assist with the implementation, documentation, and improvement of key business processes, including data aggregation, analysis, reporting, and action.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and rapport with parents, students, staff, and partners, maintaining a focus on client service.
Interested? Awesome! We're looking for someone who:
- possesses at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, preferably in education or a related field;
- has 2+ years' experience teaching in a classroom setting;
- has a track record of independently identifying and solving problems, with good outcomes;
- is always punctual, professional, and reliable;
- has excellent communication, collaboration, and people skills and instincts;
- has inexhaustible drive, energy, enthusiasm, and mental agility;
- has proven verbal and written communication skills, including a thorough command of the English language.
Extra credit for someone who has:
- expert-level proficiency in MS Office;
- extensive experience teaching remotely/online;
- previous experience working with standardized entrance exams (e.g. SHSAT, ISEE, SAT)
- subject-matter familiarity in elementary, middle, and high school English, including knowledge of grade-level standards;
- demonstrable project management skills and commitment to quality and timeliness.
About The Tutorverse
The Tutorverse helps students reach for the stars by providing them with innovative and individualized educational support. We're not your regular tutoring company - we care deeply about all of our students, and strive to provide them with the attention they deserve. Whether students work with one of our private tutors or participate in one of our classes, we provide them with world-class learning services and products that they can't or don't get in school. Our passion for learning extends beyond our instructors into our best-selling line of workbooks, which fill badly needed gaps in the learning market.
Our Values & How to Apply
Check out our values and submit your application here.
The Tutorverse is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizen status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.