Lead Developer, Sales
Neighborly BrandsFull time
LEAD DEVELOPER – FRANCHISE SALES (REMOTE)
- United States
Neighborly® is the world’s largest home services franchisor, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across multiple service categories at Neighborly.com in the United States and Neighbourly.ca in Canada. More information about the company, and its franchise concepts, is available at Neighborlybrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk.
Neighborly® is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association (DFV) and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran). Neighborly was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 most successful privately-owned companies in America.
The Lead Developer (Franchise Candidate Qualifier) will identify business owners within a specific industry and geographical territory who meet the criteria to be perspective franchise owners and perform outbound sales calls to generate interest and qualify business owners for one of Neighborly®’s brand concepts.
- Use multiple sources to locate future franchisees, i.e. online directories, Better Business Bureau lists, and Associations.
- Find prospective franchisees that have an interest and a desire in possibly becoming a part of Neighborly.
- Follow specific scripts for making outbound calls to prospective franchisees.
- Use strong listening and sales skills to resolve and overcome objections from prospective franchisees.
- Answer incoming calls from future franchisees. Check voicemail frequently and return all calls in a timely fashion.
- Use GbBIS mapping software and FranConnect to review territories that are open for a new franchise based on the demographics of the area.
- Coordinate with internal and external staff to accomplish sales goals.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer and other peripheral computer related equipment, facsimile and calculator.
- Progressively utilizes the features of two or more standard business software packages up to the following skill level:
- Excel Spreadsheets – Track information daily and submit reporting daily.
- Outlook – Manage personal email, responding in a timely fashion to all incoming mail.
- Fran Connect – Enter leads and notes as required.
- RingCentral – make calls and respond to text message efficiently
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Personality and behavioral characteristics that provide for an even-handed approach to overcoming objections
- Communicate clearly and precisely to employees and vendors frequently.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents
- Ability to communicate professionally through verbal and written means
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter. Ability to work autonomously with little support.
- High computer literacy including strong experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Sense of humor.
Education & Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.