Technical Writer – Copy Editor
Technical Writer/Copy Editor
- Job Category: Product Development
- Requisition Number: TECHN18452
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
No matter their age, wealth, or environment, every learner possesses unique talents and boundless potential. Every learner is ready to be inspired by a great education. While many students thrive in traditional brick-and-mortar schools, others are limited by a system that simply doesn’t fit their needs. Stride is establishing the kind of personal learning that everyone can access.
Whether providing students with unique opportunities for growth or empowering educators with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed, we know personalized education works. We’re steadfast in our dedication to the entire education community. And we’re energized to best serve every learner, educator, and enterprise. This philosophy demands a culture driven by an earned trust, constant improvement, and creative innovation. We’re all in.
The Technical Writer/Copy Editor is responsible for editing and revising the content for the assigned documents of a particular course ensuring consistency in reading level, grammar and punctuation and adherence to provided content standards and style guidelines. This position is project based, and the technical writer/copy editor will follow the instructional design, technical and accessibility requirements put forth by the K12 curriculum development team. All content produced will be original.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Copy edit course content including core course instruction, assessments, multimedia, and/or practice games;
- Use K12 authoring tools and processes as well as adhere to the instructional design guidelines set forth by the K12 team;
- Accept and incorporate feedback to produce the strongest end product;
- Provide accurate updates to project management regarding project status;
- Communicate availability and strive to maintain a consistent time commitment.
- This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of related experience OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proven experience in editing and publishing, preferably in education
- Confidently use Microsoft Suite/ G-Suite and navigate workflow management tools
- Ability to meet deadlines and project handoffs throughout the week
- Strong technology skills, attention to detail and consistency
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on large-scale projects and adapt to new environments and meet new challenges head on
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
- Instructional design, visual design and/or curriculum development experience
- Subject matter knowledge in multiple content areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities