Technical Support Engineer
Wowza Media SystemsFull time
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our global team of Support professionals.
This successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support measured against SLA for Wowza Media Systems products and services across our customers numerous workflows and deployments.
The ideal candidate will have experience in media streaming products and services, troubleshooting entire workflows including complex video delivery systems, networking issues and working with and educating customers at all skill levels.
- 5+ years related experience in the above referenced areas
- Prior Experience in providing external customer support in a Service Desk environment
- Prior experience in managing SLA’s
- Prior experience working in a SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently while maintaining productivity metrics
- Real world deployment experience with live and on demand video / audio streaming, codecs, encoding technologies and media players
- Experience with networking and working knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP, bandwidth and latency
- Experience with different operating systems and virtualizations including but not limited to Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and VMWare
- Experience with streaming protocols including but not limited to: RTMP(S) and its flavors, RTP/RTSP, Apple HTTP(S) Live Streaming, an understanding of the new LL-HLS, WebRTC, and CMAF
- Prior experience with managing cloud based deployments such as Web Servers (HTTP), and Cloud Based Services (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Prior experience with Wowza products and services a plus
- Ability to work non traditional shifts as requested
- Dedication to learning ongoing Wowza product knowledge
- Work to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met
- Adhere to defined metrics and KPIs
- Contribute to the tech support knowledge base by adding and maintaining data
- Provide feedback on processes and documentation to improve customer experience
- Reproduce workflows by mirroring or using real customer configurations
- Mentor and train junior technical support staff on technical and procedural matters
- Provide unapologetic “customer obsessed” service and support
Shift: This role will cover the APAC or EU region.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.