Editorial and Content Manager
Editorial and Content Manager
- UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We are looking for an amazing communicator to contribute their skills to our Editorial and Content function. You have thorough experience with creating multiple communications tactics, with the goal of helping HashiCorp build on its strong technical and open source community reputation. You understand the tone and approaches to help our marketing content support HashiCorp’s efforts to become known as the key player in enabling multi-cloud software infrastructure for large enterprises. You will help create informative, engaging, and creative content, while helping support others on our team in their efforts to do the same. You will be a key contributor to help the team follow our internal editorial calendar process. The goal is to extend the company’s public profile with its developer, DevOps, and IT operations audience as well as build a positive reputation with the decision makers in Global 2000 organizations.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Contribute to the HashiCorp editorial calendar tactics that are part of the cadence of external content delivery in conjunction with the Corporate Communications plans and team.
- Work closely with our product marketing, developer advocates and community teams, product management, partner marketing, and other technical experts to deliver marketing materials published by HashiCorp or by other outlets.
- Build on the messaging frameworks of the company, our products, and solutions to support our editorial programs so that they drive awareness and match the plans for each product line and company-level communications strategy.
- Help build content to drive interest in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Help document the editorial processes to make it easy for the various contributor teams to work together on content.
- Match content deliverables for HashiCorp’s editorial program with the unique culture and style of the company by working closely with our community and enterprise experts.
- Review outbound communications materials being distributed by the Marketing team to ensure highest quality and adherence to our communications and messaging strategies.
- Work to deliver HashiCorp’s various and diverse types of Marketing content.
- Work with the Digital and Design teams to maximize the visibility, creativity, and impact of content that you are delivering on.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of editorial, marketing writing, and content creation experience.
- Previous journalism, blogging, and/or analyst experience in HashiCorp’s marketspace.
- Editorial process experience, including with Asana or other project management tools, collaborative editing tools, and CMS/web publishing systems.
- A finger on the pulse of the current media environment, how the business realities are affecting available channels, and how HashiCorp can approach them effectively with our content.
- Excellence at content delivery in compressed timeframes and amid multiple competing priorities.
- A love of the skill and art of writing and editing, and a very keen eagle-eye.
- An understanding of the many types of writing, video, podcast, and other content creation media that HashiCorp can and should be using
- Excellent writing skills for multiple communications approaches to convey the company’s point of view and make the content compelling and digestible by your target audience.
- An understanding of and experience with open source business models and the marketing and communication nuances related to those
- Strong skills at understanding your target audiences and translating the corporate storyline into an appealing and compelling narrative in all communication channels
- Ability to write and edit technical content for technical audiences, but to also make the key concepts understandable more broadly
- Experience helping turn marketing messages into compelling content
- A focus on evaluating results of editorial programs through reporting, results, and data
- Experience using SEO to support content strategy