Senior Manager, Editorial
Title: Senior Manager, Editorial
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 120,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 120,000 today to millions.
The content marketing team at ActiveCampaign includes writers, video producers, product experts, webinar runners, customer marketers, and community management. You’ll join the team to head up editorial for the ActiveCampaign blog — including scaling a team of writers and turning a well-trafficked website into an even more well-trafficked branded publication.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across the marketing team (product marketing, brand, content, and revenue marketing) to build a hub-and-spokes publication that also contributes to large-scale digital marketing campaigns.
What your day could consist of:
- Edit, manage, and (in the beginning) write content for the ActiveCampaign blog
- Turn the ActiveCampaign blog into a branded publication, with dedicated newsletter and distribution
- Manage an existing team of writers, and work to scale the writing team
- Coordinate with design, site, and multimedia teams to add compelling visual elements to written content
- Work across revenue marketing and brand teams to grow traffic from SEO, influencer marketing, social media, and press
- Identify opportunities, along with the Director of Content Marketing, to connect always-on editorial content with major brand campaigns
- Build and grow a publication of amazing content for ActiveCampaign customers
What is needed:
- 7+ years in content marketing and editorial roles, 3+ years as a people manager
- Strong editor, with the ability to shape compelling pieces while also developing the long-term skill set of the original writer
- Familiarity with best practices in SEO, reporting (Google Analytics), content distribution, and content conversion
- Experience managing an editorial calendar and content production workflows
- Eagerness to work across teams, building “hub and spokes” content that also contributes to large-scale marketing campaigns
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We’ll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.