We Got POP LtdFull time python amazon-web-services terraform docker bash
About this job
Compensation: £55k - 75k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Entertainment, Film, Television
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
python, amazon-web-services, terraform, docker, bash
Location: London or Remote UK
We are a growing development team and we are looking for a developer in operations to help us continue that growth by helping scale and improve our deployments, our operation environment, security and developer experience.
What kinds of things will you do?
This is a new dedicated role for us, typically people have genuinely been devops doing a mix of operations and development but we think these are the kinds of things that will make a difference if someone was dedicated to them.
- Monitoring and maintaining existing infrastructure
- Reviewing new technologies and making recommendations on how the existing estate should be evolved in future
- Creating and maintaining internal tools to improve the developer experience
- Working with the Head of Quality to ensure effective automation of testing
- Evolution of our web stack including adoption of new technologies and standards as they emerge
We are happy to consider different routes into this role either from development or operation paths. However to be successful we think you will need to have the following experience.
- Designing and implementing secure, resilient, scaleable, highly available configurations of infrastructure components
- Automation of cloud deployments and developing infrastructure as code
Key technical knowledge
- BASH scripting
- Web technologies and typical deployment patterns
We currently do not use Kubernates and don’t current have a plan to introduce it into our systems.
- Our production credits in the UK
- Our casting client’s credits in the UK
- Our technical stack
- Our interviewing process
- Our team Dev.to blog
- Our company values