Director / Manager of Software Engineering
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: DevOps, Product Manager
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: VC Funded
Location: Denver, CO or Remote and available during US Business Hours; must be authorized to work in the US; not providing sponsorship for this role.
At Moov, we’re empowering creators to embed banking and payment functionality everywhere. We’re developers for developer-first software. We believe that every software company is becoming a payments company and by equipping developers with the best tools we can tackle complex problems together.
As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day. We're looking for someone that combines technical breadth and depth with strong technical leadership to successfully define and deliver a modern web-scale architecture. In particular we're looking for a principled leader who can lead and guide strong engineers with a growth mindset.
The Director / Manager is a leader with a proven track record for building great teams that are focused on the marathon of continuous delivery, innovation. You have the experience of working through the challenges of building new web-scale platforms. This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale.
As a member of the Engineering Team, you’ll:
- Lead several value stream delivery teams who are building the Moov Financial Platform
- Work closely with Customer Success to build products and services that continuously deliver value to our customers
- Contribute to Moov’s technical vision, winning support from engineering and aligning with product and business strategy
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Provide technical leadership by inspiring your teammates to think outside the box as they deliver high quality software solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience from software engineer to building large-scale teams with firsthand knowledge of software engineering, development, distributed architectures, networking, security, and performance tuning
- Help drive software velocity and quality improvements across Moov’s engineering using Lean and DevOps approaches. If you are deeply familiar with Nicole Forsgren’s Accelerate, as well as Gene Kim’s The Phoenix Project and The Unicorn Project, you’ll fit right in
- A decisive risk-taker focused on outcomes. Moov is about delivery. This means we focus on getting things done, not on building the perfect system. We strongly believe in rapid iteration
- Have worked as a key leader in managing, developing and bringing a software platform from idea to market, preferably for a startup
- Demonstrated ability to build high-quality SaaS platforms that operates at web-scale
- Strong customer focus, excellent communication and relationship building skills. Ability to frame a problem clearly and meaningfully
- Strong advocacy of automated testing, continuous delivery, and software quality across the software development life-cycle
- Proven track record in successfully delivering large scale enterprise-wide solutions, from design to development to testing to production
- Experience with service-based architectures, Domain-Driven Design, and reactive / event-driven systems
- Solid understanding of Go, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience - advanced degree preferred
Bonus points if you also have:
- Knowledge of general ledger, payment systems, fintech, online banking
- Knowledge of OSS tools and active participation in OSS community
- Experience building and growing remote-only teams
- Experience with mid-size organizations and startups
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible PTO
- Learning stipend
- Home office stipend
- Moov employees are eligible for employee stock options
Moov is committed to building a supportive community which allows all people to contribute however they are best able to. We believe that our products are a mixture of creative and detail oriented work where people from all backgrounds offer unique insight.